Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild World Map - Community Challenge

I don't check back for a week and this has happened! I'd totally like to join in if I can if that last country is still available, or even some small islands or anything really would be great if it's not too much trouble!
    Last edited by Goombac; 04-06-2016 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Requesting Feedback!!!
    I have 1 country left - after that, I'll have to make small islands or do one of the other ideas - which were habitable moons of Guildworld or an Underdark set of nations.
    I'd like to get some opinions on which direction I should go in. Preferably as soon as possible, so I can start drawing up those lands and their divisions.
    Thanks everyone.
    I think it's important that all the maps can appear as it were on one page. I say that even though the underdark idea appeals to me, so my suggestion would be the same as Max, expand the canvas plop a new continent down? I do wonder how many more entries there will be though. So perhaps two smaller continents so we can drop one if it isn't used?

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If we expand the canvas and keep the aspect ratio we're just making a larger globe. So the scale doesn't have to change. Just a bigger world. That could work.

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Default Anything left?

Looks an exciting challenge, wish I'd seen it sooner! I guess there's no areas left?

Years ago I worked on the original group world Eshraval, it was fun I miss it.

Blog Entries

I might be able to help out with the final composite like I did with CWBP.

Okay - seems pretty much uniform in response - I'll go for expanding it.
    I just have to do a bit of mapping and some rearranging.
    We have enough new people that want to join in -which is great.

Goombac - you'll be #42.
    Robulous - I'll have some new land made up today so you'll be #43 when that's available, hopefully by midday EST.
    Bogie - Thanks for offering that.
    Everyone - thanks for the responses, and Redrobes, I would welcome the help when we get to that point. Thanks.
    Okay, must get some lands made - bigger globe will affect climate - as those latitudes will be further apart now.
    That was one of the things I was concerned about, as various people had already been working at there countries.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

J.....you're a champion...we really love you for all this effort!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Yes.
    And all of the new lands being created and climate shifts happening just goes to show why the cartographers guild, held in highest esteem and venerated by all, is so necessary in this world of constant change and growth.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Thanks, it's more than I thought it'd be initially but it's fun so I'll keep at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Yes.
    And all of the new lands being created and climate shifts happening just goes to show why the cartographers guild, held in highest esteem and venerated by all, is so necessary in this world of constant change and growth.
    Indeed. This is a truly growing world. The Guild is going to need to graduate some new cartographers and get them out in the world. So much new land!

Goombac and Robulous - your countries have been posted to page one of this thread for you to download.
    I have one other country ready. I have sketched up some new land but still have to draw it out and divide it up.
    I'll get to that as I can. I'll also get the new maps up so you can see how this changes or will change your local area, be that climate or neighbors.
    I'll also start putting the new map updates on the front page as well. Okay, need some coffee.
    Here's the rough current map.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild World Map base - numbered countries 11.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	9.00 MB 
ID:	82118

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Thanks, it's more than I thought it'd be initially but it's fun so I'll keep at it.
    Goombac and Robulous - your countries have been posted to page one of this thread for you to download.
    Wow that's a great looking country - I'll have to get my inspiration cap on! Thanks so much!

I'll keep an eye out for who is #44 - sharing an island continent we should collaborate a bit.
    Last edited by Robulous; 04-06-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast