Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild World Map - Community Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Goombac View Post
    Is there going to be a climate map with biomes, temperatures, currents, winds and rain shadows and all that stuff to go on or should we just kinda wing it and hope it turns out?
    In a word - no.
    Wing it.

Or - ask Robbie - maybe he would like to plan out all of that stuff... in his spare time.. Robbie?

Quote Originally Posted by Troedel View Post
    I would like to be part of this, it´s such a great project. Some room left?
    Same. But I'm not big part of community and have not so much time

Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Same. But I'm not big part of community and have not so much time
    All I have prepared at this moment Santos are full size countries, but I could draw up an island for you if you don't want to commit to a full country.
    Either way is cool with me - just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    In a word - no.
    Wing it.

Or - ask Robbie - maybe he would like to plan out all of that stuff... in his spare time.. Robbie?
    There seems to be a bit of confusion. I was surprised to see Ilanthar describing his country as cold, since I was considering putting lions and giraffes all over the place. Now, they are all going to die due to this misunderstanding. Of course, I prefer this than having to actually draw them...

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    All I have prepared at this moment Santos are full size countries, but I could draw up an island for you if you don't want to commit to a full country.
    Either way is cool with me - just let me know.
    I will go for full size country then, let's go little crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    There seems to be a bit of confusion. I was surprised to see Ilanthar describing his country as cold, since I was considering putting lions and giraffes all over the place. Now, they are all going to die due to this misunderstanding. Of course, I prefer this than having to actually draw them...
    I don't really have anything much to add to any climate/biome discussions I'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I will go for full size country then, let's go little crazy
    Ok, Santos. I'll have your country posted shortly on page 1 of this thread, down toward the bottom.
    Edit - just posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    I was doing some size comparisons to Earth while planning mine, and it seems that based on the latitudes Ilanthar's country stretches from the latitude of the southern Arabian Peninsula in the south to Sweden in the north, whereas yours is from around Kenya to Turkey, so it's conceivable that his country could get very cold and yours still have lions and giraffes.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't really have much to add to climate either and would prefer for each mapper to justify their own climates. That's one of the things that will make this fun. There's no real set of limitations because there's no vote, no winner. Just have fun. Looks like it's working too!

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected ranger's Avatar

i am interersted in this challenge,
    is it too late?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    i am interersted in this challenge,
    is it too late?
    No problem Ranger
    I'll set you up with a country here in just a moment.
    Check on page 1 of this thread, down toward the bottom, to find your country map.
    There's a png scale and the main world map at post #2 on page 1 as well.
    Glad you're joining in and happy mapping.

Edit - just posted it. You're #48.

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast