Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild World Map - Community Challenge

I'm very in late on this post but I wouldn't like to miss such an opportunity to celebrate the cartographer's Guild that has become my main activity of surfing on internet. Is there a small place for an another cartographer? Please .

Guild Artisan

I assume that the central white line is the equator and the 2 other horizontal lines one up and one down are 30°N respectively 30°S. Right ? It's because I would like to get my climate and biomes right.

I had one final thought, and I can do this myself if you don't have time.

Now that we're getting more organised, would it be possible to write people's names in their area, maybe underneath their numbers? It would be much easier to see who your neighbours are without having to look at the map, then find the list. If you're too busy, I can do it later on today, but I thought this would be easier for everyone if they want to discuss borders with the people who surround their region.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    I'm very in late on this post but I wouldn't like to miss such an opportunity to celebrate the cartographer's Guild that has become my main activity of surfing on internet. Is there a small place for an another cartographer? Please .
    Yes, not a problem Warlin I'll post your country in just a short bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadshade View Post
    I assume that the central white line is the equator and the 2 other horizontal lines one up and one down are 30°N respectively 30°S. Right ? It's because I would like to get my climate and biomes right.
    I was assuming the same thing Deadshade. I think that is probably the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I had one final thought, and I can do this myself if you don't have time.

Now that we're getting more organised, would it be possible to write people's names in their area, maybe underneath their numbers? It would be much easier to see who your neighbours are without having to look at the map, then find the list. If you're too busy, I can do it later on today, but I thought this would be easier for everyone if they want to discuss borders with the people who surround their region.
    Yes, I can do that. I'll get to that after I post Warlin's country.

Here's the updated main map, as requested.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild World Map base - numbered countries 3.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	81898
    Plus I added you in Warlin, and your map is on the first page of the thread.

Thanks, J! That helps tremendously.

I've clearly moved into a nice neighbourhood with lovely neighbours (trying to gain allies here!)

I'm glad Steffen's found some neighbours but poor Bogie looks a bit isolated. I reckon a nice big temple - with lots of floor tiles - would look good on that island.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Thanks, J! That helps tremendously.

I've clearly moved into a nice neighbourhood with lovely neighbours (trying to gain allies here!)

I'm glad Steffen's found some neighbours but poor Bogie looks a bit isolated. I reckon a nice big temple - with lots of floor tiles - would look good on that island.
    No problem. Yeah, it is helpful. You're just full of good suggestions

Bogie - if you want, we can bring those island a bit closer together. Your call.

EDIT - I wanted to add - you don't have to parley with your neighbors. It's an option if you want that level of immersions and involvement, but it's not a requirement.
    You can map your realm with no involvement from others. That's okay too.
    Having fun with this and celebrating that the Guild is here for us to do this - that's the main thrust of this thing.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-02-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Guild Journeyer

I will also throw my hat in the ring, if there is still room available. Looks like a lot of fun! I had to take a break from mapping for a bit due to Real Life, but this looks like a good excuse to get back into the mapping groove!

Quote Originally Posted by RedKettle View Post
    I will also throw my hat in the ring, if there is still room available. Looks like a lot of fun! I had to take a break from mapping for a bit due to Real Life, but this looks like a good excuse to get back into the mapping groove!
    Excellent RedK
    I'll have your country posted in a bit.
    The next spot was a set of islands - #30 on the big map.
    If you'd rather have spot 31, just let me know. Or even 32 or 33...
    But for now I'll post you as #30. Just respond if you want to change to 31.

Guild Journeyer

Number 30 looks good to me! Thanks for fitting me in! Probably best that I am kept on an island by myself, so I don't contaminate the good maps! :p

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast