Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 05 - Lands of Nahadua [J.Ed land]

That is a dilemma. I don't particularly like the colour in comparison to the non coloured, but that may be because it's only a small swath. Hmm... Actually looking at it close I like how the colour is done, but...

Good luck figuring it out!

With color -- it gives it another layer of communication - forest/beach/grassland/etc. Really beautiful work!

Yeah, agree with the others that it's better with colour. It's looking amazing!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hmmm... I love the simple style a lot, but what Lingon said about the colour, it makes the valleys come alive. I really love that about it. I can imagine being in those valleys when it has the colour.

All those tiny rivers and lakes in the mountians... amazing!

I see Mangrath Plateau!

Amazing job with labeling too, that's a lot of names to come up with off the top of your head.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I like the colors. The muted palette is a wise choice.

First off - thanks all for more input than I was expecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Definitely with color, imo. Really makes those plateaus rise and the valleys come alive. The mountain labels are larger than I would have made them, but it looks good.
    Yep, still trying to decide on those labels. I'll be playing around with them some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    That is a dilemma. I don't particularly like the colour in comparison to the non coloured, but that may be because it's only a small swath. Hmm... Actually looking at it close I like how the colour is done, but...
    Good luck figuring it out!
    No worries Falconius - there will still be a non-color version. Color is on separate layers.
    Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    With color -- it gives it another layer of communication - forest/beach/grassland/etc. Really beautiful work!
    Thanks snodsy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Yeah, agree with the others that it's better with colour. It's looking amazing!
    Thanks ChickPea
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Hmmm... I love the simple style a lot, but what Lingon said about the colour, it makes the valleys come alive. I really love that about it. I can imagine being in those valleys when it has the colour.
    All those tiny rivers and lakes in the mountians... amazing!
    I see Mangrath Plateau!
    Amazing job with labeling too, that's a lot of names to come up with off the top of your head.
    I am looking at my neighbors maps to see if there are land feature names to add. Yours was at the front of my mind already.
    Yeah, it will be a trick to come up with all the rest for the coastal areas. But it's fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    I like the colors. The muted palette is a wise choice.
    Thanks jshoer

Okay, seems like most agree on color. I'll have a color and non-color version of this.
    I may change some things with type on color version - like type colors might change as they interact with color.
    We'll see. Again, thanks for all the feedback.

I prefer it with colors too. But you know, I'll love it anyway.

In the year of Fromage 1067, a proclamation was sent out from the illustrious Guild of Cartographers to all the cities in the lands, saying thus that all cities in close proximity to one another must, due to difficulties with type and lack of space, shorten their names to fit on future maps. This, of course, caused small riots and the burning of undergarments from sheer outrage at such temerity from such a lowly Guild.
    But in the end, whether or not the cities were willing, the cartographers simply shortened the names anyway.
    Historians and scholars were aghast at the situation. People threw rotten cheese and fecal-encrusted footwear at any passing person who even resembled a map maker.
    It was really a bad time to be seen purchasing large pieces of parchment or ink.
    One cartographer, caught alone on an unfriendly street, was even stripped down to his loincloth and beaten with oversized celery stalks for nearly a quarter rindma, before a gang of ruffian scholars snatched him up and took him off to a small ubliette to be forced to listen to a debate on the prevailing views on the economic and cultural implications of a radical shift away from a chaseun-rich diet. Needless to say that poor map maker died of exhaustion and complications due to boredom.

Nonetheless, the names were changed, and shortened, and there was much rejoicing by the cartographic scribes in their small one-room apartment over the cheese shop down at the corner.
    And so it was that many short named cities came to be, especially when crammed close together on a map. Or so it is written.

The Ataxic Agglomeration of Apoplectic Aspect finds this fad of shortening names frightening and disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    The Ataxic Agglomeration of Apoplectic Aspect finds this fad of shortening names frightening and disturbing.
    The Guild of Cartographers believes that with time, and an adequately funded research and focus group on name reallocation,
    the Axaomer of the Aplaspect will come to apprecaite this shortening of names and places.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast