Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Map 05 - Lands of Nahadua [J.Ed land]

Just finished a city map for the Lands of Nahadua.
    This is the city of Poh, in northern Nehue region, deep in the Pavahanue river valley.
    Here's regional view for context...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild World - Nahadua [crop1].jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	84421
    The city sits on an ancient raised plateau. One cannot truly call that plateau man-made as it was not made by man, though it is artificial.
    The city itself is ancient but rests on the bones of an even more ancient site from mythic antiquity.
    It is believed to have been one of the only known establishments of an above ground manifestation of Nekral civilization.
    The large stone work and massive megaliths point to some powerful culture of vast strength and age.
    Aside from the plateau, there are remnants of other stone works scattered throughout the city and on its edges.

The city's origins, where man is concerned, started with the site of the Iyipoh monastery which was much smaller in antiquity.
    Just a few scattered dwellings and a small orchard. The city grew over many centuries as it became a place of pilgrimage.
    Over time the style of river farming grew up and greatly increased the city's ability to sustain a larger population.
    The fields utilize a method of sluice gates to control flooding of the inner fields, which then also maintain populations of fish and other water life in the fields, which contributes to an even more fertile growing capacity. The structures are all of stone and a very gummy river mud that dries hard to an almost stone like quality.
    Roofs are thatched with a unique type of brush that grows in the area and has the odd quality of being non-flammable.
    Some attribute this rare plant to the proposed influence of the Nekral civilization believed to have existed here long ago.

A small harbor serves the limited trade purposes and also for those arriving on pilgrimage to the city.
    The large structure of the Ranhanamah holds the cities relics and serves as the seat of its communal leadership.
    It has also served as protection from enemies in the past, though with the city's increase it can no longer contain all the inhabitants.

The City of Poh
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The City of Poh by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	84423
    I decided to do a black and white for this one. I used to do a lot of black and white maps, but didn't actually have any in my portfolio.
    There will be more in this style. I have some commissions utilizing it as well as some other personal maps using it too.

Quote Originally Posted by joaodafi View Post
    JE, I never get tired to enjoy your maps.
    Thanks joaodafi Hope you enjoy this new one too.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 06-30-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Just amazing, every map you make is better than the previous one of the same style. You are the best example of an artist 'evolution' here. Just amazing man
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Wow! This is such a nice piece. The layout is fantastic, and I love all of the detail here. The variance in line weight also is expertly done. Another one for my inspiration folder. Love it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

This is another awesome map. I said the same thing last time but its worth repeating... Theres always such a fantastic amount of thought gone into the workings of your towns. Its as though each building has its place and purpose and the tracks have a meaning to them. Its not like a splatter of houses or like some cities where you get neat blocks of a certain type and then next to it uniform blocks of a different type. You always get the feeling that these cities have evolved and worked to become the layout they show. Its much more believable than other peoples city maps - at least to me.

Now I gotta figure out how to get this into the overall Guild World zoomy map...

What more can we keep saying about these? I'll have to get out my thesaurus. Thanks again for inspiring work!

More words related to incredible
    amazing
    astonishing
    awesome
    fascinating
    incredible
    marvelous
    prodigious
    shocking
    stunning
    surprising
    unbelievable
    wonderful

Crazy ! You have the mean to inspired great story behind all those linedraws. I mean i can imagine people living in this city, and it's amazing you can do this with only black and white map without artifice. Chapeau bas, maestro. I love it.

This is gorgeous! Basically everything Snodsy said in his list.

Your linework is just incredible, and I shudder to think of how long it must have taken to create this. I'm getting phantom sympathy pains in my hand just thinking about it!

You continue to impress and inspire, J. Thank you!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Breathtaking, amazing and so detailed (in that order) ! You never cease to surprise me with this kind of wonderful gigantic map...
    And yeah, I fully agree with ChickPea about your linework. I would have gone mad if I tried so much details .

What snodsy said!

This is seriously.. amazing. I'm staring in awe at the details and all the houses. Wow.

The city layout is really awesome too! This is a fantastic addition to the Guild World (and your portfolio )

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Blog Entries

I cant seem to reply to this thread !

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast