Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 05 - Lands of Nahadua [J.Ed land]

Looks real good so far. I think you nailed the scale for the mountains, regardless of the variation issue. I'm amazed you made any progress at all what with all the mapping you've been doing for the Guild world. This is fun, thanks for putting in the work to make much of it possible.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I'm amazed you made any progress at all what with all the mapping you've been doing for the Guild world.
    You still think that a couple of us are sleeping?

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Looks real good so far. I think you nailed the scale for the mountains, regardless of the variation issue. I'm amazed you made any progress at all what with all the mapping you've been doing for the Guild world. This is fun, thanks for putting in the work to make much of it possible.
    Thanks Falconius Thsi Guildworld thing is a bit more than I originally thought it'd be but that is awesome, and I hope everyone is having fun with it.
    I was going to post a small update last night but got a 502 error and couldn't get on the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    You still think that a couple of us are sleeping?
    Haha, yes! Not much sleep. At this computer for 16+ hours most days.
    Getting the extra monitor has been a huge benefit - makes it easier to keep an eye on more than one thing at a time.

I tried adding some greenery. Wasn't thrilled with that. Might just have been the technique I was using though.
    I still like the low color version better, but here's what that color looked like.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild World Map - country 05 LIfe - yes-no.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	82194

Did a bit more on the terrain. I'm liking that terrain though.
    ### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Guild World Map - JEd country 05 - update11.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	82195
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-07-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Those mountains look incredible. Just wow..
    I can't decide about the greens, it's hard when only one part of it is coloured.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Haha, yes! Not much sleep. At this computer for 16+ hours most days.
    Getting the extra monitor has been a huge benefit - make sit easier to keep an eye on more than one thing at a time.
    Indeed, I often have an eye on a map and the other eye on the second monitor to look at...wait....ooh, it's another map

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I tried adding some greenery. Wasn't thrilled with that. Might just have been the technique I was suing though.
    I still like the low color version better, but here's what that color looked like.

Did a bit more on the terrain. I'm liking that terrain though.
    Not fully convinced by the greenery either. That might be because of the big "grain" of the texture/brush you used. But the terrain looks super awesome!

Yeah, it was a quick 'let's see what this looks like' sort of thing.
    My biggest issue with the green is that it hides the terrain more than I wanted it too.
    I'll have to re-investigate this color thing after I've done the terrain fully.

Yes, two monitors helps a lot.

That terrain is gorgeous, J. Love the combination of line work and shading and the size variable (that probably doesn't make sense because I haven't had enough coffee to come up with right words today ).
    The color application looks overall too giant/fuzzy/grainy/contrasty-dark for the other elements, in my opinion... but that pale tone right around the mountains and on some of the plateau regions does nice things for it.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

I was doing the color layers as color burn or linear burn, I think, which is a bit harder to control.
    As it was a fast test, I used a bit larger brush size too than I should have - late night laziness

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

I like the fuzzy green a lot actually! Green is my favorite color, but still… The terrain shading is amazing. Makes me wonder what it'd look like without the ridge lines…

It's not as impressive without them. I can post an image with out them.
    I'd have to do some more detailing at the ridge crests.
    I'll post one in a moment.

Some lines have worked their way into the shadow layer.. so those are still there.

Name:	Guild World Map - country 05 - no lines.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	82198

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast