Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 05 - Lands of Nahadua [J.Ed land]

Wip Map 05 - Lands of Nahadua [J.Ed land]

Jumping in to test the thumbnail scraper...
    I doubled the size for mine, as I wanted to get more detail in there.
    ### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild World Map - JEd country 05.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	81888

A little more work, long way to go.
    Soft colors right now.
    Not sure about the name just yet, but I like titling things.... things need text...
    ### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild World Map - JEd country 05 - update02.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	81890

Hey! I'm right below you.. Any idea for culture or international relations? I'll try to start mine tomorrow and get an idea of what I'm going to do.

By the way looking good so far.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I was hoping that when my neighbors got threads started we could knock around some thoughts...
    Maybe we can be allies from the Fromage Wars that I fought with Max's kingdom across the sea
    If you look at it, Max's realm is trying to eat Lingon's and my countries to the north...
    And we have credible naval intelligence that he is being aided by pirates from the southern lands...
    scottish pirates was a rumor that was mentioned by the last survivor of the ill-fated naval ship Crabbit Yin.
    But these are only mildly reliable sources.

Haha, yeah, you better watch your back! Back in the deeps of time the French & Scottish had what's known (in Scotland) as the 'Auld Alliance', so me & Max are natural allies. If you're growing coconuts anywhere, you better fortify your borders.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Nice start, ally I like the way you drew the rivers. To make sure that our border river lines up, maybe I should leave the border a bit undefined on my map, so you can use yours as the definite border when piecing it all together? Probably won't have time to start before Tuesday but happy to knock around old war stories

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Haha, yeah, you better watch your back! Back in the deeps of time the French & Scottish had what's known (in Scotland) as the 'Auld Alliance', so me & Max are natural allies. If you're growing coconuts anywhere, you better fortify your borders.
    Our security information bureau will have to keep an eye on these southern lands... and their dubious alliances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Nice start, ally I like the way you drew the rivers. To make sure that our border river lines up, maybe I should leave the border a bit undefined on my map, so you can use yours as the definite border when piecing it all together? Probably won't have time to start before Tuesday but happy to knock around old war stories
    It's okay to do it as you please Lingon
    I just want people to have fun with this. The more details they have to worry about, seems like the less fun they'll have.
    Editing stuff once we're all done is not a big deal. I'm planning on putting funny little bits on Max's kingdom, that I'm sure won't match up with what he chooses to do.
    I'm looking at it like I'm a country with deep suspicions regarding those across the sea, because we fought a huge war, the Fromage War, over who owns certain cheesy islands between us.
    Maybe some other ridiculous story lines will pop up as people start talking about it all.

I figured you and I were allies against the pernicious southern territories. We'll have to see if Tonnichiwa wants to be an ally or an enemy.
    That said, you don't have to be an ally by default... if you want to be an enemy... but you're out there... all alone... on the edge of the world...
    You need friends. Friends who can help with trade and other mercantile things of importance to your citizenry.

I still have a bunch of story to come up with. Still can't decide if I want to commit to Nahadua as the name or not. It definitely doesn't sound english or european in nature...
    I'm working the land a bit to see if that helps to determine some things about this land and its people.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

All right, freedom! Hehehe, I like your backstory a lot And yeah, makes sense to try and maintain some friendly relations when you're at the edge of the world. I'm imagining my country as quite rural, lots of wilderness, most cities being located on the coast of the gulf between yours and my country (probably settlers from J.Ed Land, who got independence a while ago), and the rest of the land inhabited by nomadic people herding mammoth-like beasts up and down the mountains. The tribes don't care too much about the city-folk's feuds and relations, but maybe mammoth cheese caused them to get drawn into the Fromage War?

Really like the name Nahadua

The Fromage War... that's a cheesy name. I could only imagine the Dutch getting into a war about cheese.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Your city guards start shifting nervously, sweat beads rolling down their faces as they observe the approach of a very large entourage of massive bipedal creatures that stand like a man but have huge hairy bodies, cloven hooves for feet, and massive shoulders with a bulls head sitting between them. They dress in a full bronze breastplate that is fashioned to look like the muscles of the human body, and each wears a helmet with a crest of black and white contrasting colors in stripes. There are spaces in the helmet for the horns to fit through and each bull headed warrior carries a short bladed sword, a very large shield with primitive looking symbols on it, some in the shape of a V, some in the shape of a Medusa head, and even one with a large ant on it. They all carry very long pikes as well.

They all walk up to the city gate and finally part. When they do your city guards see a palanquin being carried by four of the bull headed creatures. Each one kneels down so the human on the palanquin can step down and approach. The human is wearing armor similar to the bull headed creatures, only his face is almost completely obscured by a full faced helm with a tiny bit coming straight down the nose. He pulls his helmet off and approaches the gate.

"Greetings gate keeper. Please tell your master that the General of the left flank wishes to parley with him about an alliance. We have brought these items as a gift for his royal majesty." The general motions for another human to come forward. This man is dressed in a simple looking white tunic that is short right to above the knees and has a blue repeating pattern surrounding the edge. In his hands he carries a very large tray of multiple kinds of cheese, each one representing different sections of the land from the north.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast