Thread: Is there a large castle/palace map?

Default Is there a large castle/palace map?

Hey guys. I'm just checking if there's a large castle map. I'm using it for a game where the players must assassinate the king and not having to make my own would save time. I can still do it, but I'm curious if there has been one made here, or somewhere else you've seen one.

Thanks in advance everyone!

SteffenBrand has a CC award map that is quite nice.
    I figure you would want to look in the Town/City sub-forum or the Building/Structure sub-forum.
    If you're just playing a personal rpg with players and not sharing the map out, most will probably be ok with that use, though you should ask.
    If you are doing anything beyond that, then you definitely need to ask permission.

I've been looking through there and the award winning maps. So far I haven't found anything to the big scale I'm looking.

Also yeah. It's for 5th Edition D&D.

Guild Journeyer

Default How big is big?

I would have considered SteffanBrand's layout linked above to be pretty big!I am working on one that may be a little bigger (with a 4000sf hall, 15+bedrooms, accommodations for 30+ staff, etc.), but is still only in a similar scale range.

I am wondering if you can be a little more specific about the scale of castle/palace you are looking for (are there any real life examples?), so maybe we can refine our suggestions?

I did a big castle a while back, click on my sig, but I never completed the interior I'm afraid.

I'll look some real life examples up but yours is probably the best to work with RedKettle. I'm thinking something similar to a palace, where plenty of wandering is possible. I might start looking at game, book, and movie maps as well

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected sword peddler's Avatar

Here is a free one I did you are free to use: http://www.swordpeddler.com/free-unk...-castle-thing/

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected kosmic dungeon's Avatar
    Last edited by kosmic dungeon; 03-15-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    a blog with a few oldschool pen on paper map
    Blog : https://kosmicdungeon.com/