Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The City of Haerlech

Look at all those labels! What a rich city for stories.

This is simply amazing. I followed the original thread from the beginning and am so glad for you it finally came to end. It will definitely make the cartographers choice in the near future

I would just suggest to maybe decrease the distance between the drawing and the edge of the blue background, seems a bit too much. And now I feel bad I said it since it is such an awesome map. It is crazy how much you have improved your style in the last year or so since I've been coming here more regularly.

Congrats, congrats!
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Guild Journeyer

So happy to see this finished. Amazing job Ed! I loved watching it, and seeing all small steps towards the goal of finishing it.

Rep for you!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Extraordinary work. I realy love how it turned out. The technical details are stunning.

+rep & rated
    Last edited by Schwarzkreuz; 04-13-2016 at 04:28 AM.

Very impressive work J. Going to take some time to explore this map in all its awesomeness tonight. There really is a great amount of small and creative details all over this map. Such a fantastic city. It would make a great scenery for a game.

Also I must add how much I enjoyed followed the progress of this map. Checked every WIP since day one, and it has been amazing watching your process. Inspirational and educational.

Time for some new Cartographer Choice awards?

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Congrats J! There is nothing more inspirational than seeing an artist devote so much time and effort to a single piece of work, especially when it is so fantastically done! It's things that this that point out the exact reasons why the challenges exist in the first place!

...Even if as ChickPea said, you're slightly late with the entry...

Stunning. A model of city map to follow for years to come. Congrats.

Blog Entries

This is possibly the best map I have seen on the guild and I am on my 9th year here. I know it took a year 'n all but even so, its quality unsurpassed. The thing I like most about it tho is not even the art which is already 10/10 but the attention to the layout and thought of the planning and how the city "works". Very often this is glossed over and romantically idealized to an extreme that it shows. I like the way you have the ramps down to the harbour and all of the paths the multiple cemetaries. No matter how deep you look the standard never drops and its like each pixel was placed lovingly. Its a masterpiece and way worthy of taking further into some kind of booklet print publication.

OUTSTANDING!!!! Worth a whole chest of Golden Dragons ! For me, it's a masterpiece, beautiful and even more when you spot all the details.

I guess you feel partly relieved and partly sad after achieving this awesome map. Glad and not surprised to read it's not Haerlech's end .

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Just beautiful.
    Excellent work!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast