Thread: Guildworld - General discussion [place names and other assorted topics]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I just think that the monthly challenge doesn't suit so well for this, they are too intense and rushed, nor do I think it would generate much in the way of an interest wave, one of the monthlies is sort of a one shot solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Perhaps have a tri-monthly project/contest? Or not contest per say, but something modeled similarly to the monthly challenges. For instance, "map a town from your map" or map a "town from someone else's map" etc.
    I like the challenge of mapping a town from someone else's map... though, you might need to be able to discuss a bit with that person to get info on what the architecture and level of tech is in their part of the world.
    That could be complicated. We'll discuss and see what works for people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    What about one of the monthly challenges topic as 'map something from the guild world' or something like that.
    I like this too - though, I'd have to discuss that as well, as we sort of took over the one monthly challenge already. But the open nature of 'map something' could be nice, since mappers of any type could get in on that. Again, we'll discuss andsee what people would prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I just think that the monthly challenge doesn't suit so well for this, they are too intense and rushed, nor do I think it would generate much in the way of an interest wave, one of the monthlies is sort of a one shot solution.
    But yes.... I sort of agree, that the time constraint of a monthly challenge does inhibit many people from joining in, especially if they don't have time right then.
    I'm currently locked into this months challenge and then some comm work, so my own time is a bit limited just now.
    How do people feel about generally mapping 'something' from the Guildworld? Maybe the winning entry could have some special priviledge, like picking the next thing to map... and maybe a special city or something in their name... any thoughts?