Thread: Looking for help with gimp

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Looking for help with gimp

sorry in advance but it seems like I am stuck on stupid. I downloaded gimp yesterday and I have been going through tutorials and playing around with it, but it seems that I just can not figure out anything lol and it seems I can not download anything else, so I was wondering if there is anyone who could possibly help me with very simple instructions since I don't seem to be picking this up in any shape way or form. thanks in advance and sorry

What is it specifically you're trying to do?

If you're just looking for a general introduction to Gimp and its tools, you might be better served watching a few Youtube Gimp tutorials just to see how things work and getting a feel for the tools. I find video tuts really helpful for this. There's something about seeing the tools in action that seems to penetrate my brain more easily!

Of course, if you have a specific question about a particular tut, post away.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Right now I am trying to make two maps for my wips, one is a completely fictional map of a pandia type world and the problems I seem to be running across their ATM are making the area I have to work with bigger and making the outline of the continent and islands. I open a new project 3000 x 3000 but the area is still so small and honesty everything I try to draw looks really bad and nothing at all like I am imaging.

The other map I am trying to do is one for a dystopian future book and I am trying to do a geographically correct map of the north American continent I have thought about using a templet but since I would be wanting to use it with publication and am unsure of the copyright or how import it I have done nothing