Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3d Vaeya, 2d's showing part of the Arkaeyan Rim

Default Bump

Bumped for Kickstarter. Thank you to all of my backers!

Only 69 hours left!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-fantasy-maps

Quote Originally Posted by vigilus View Post
    bumped for kickstarter. Thank you to all of my backers!

So, this is an official restart to this project. I was away, mainly due to work and more importantly the birth of my son, Henri. Fatherhood is great! He's 25 weeks, happy and healthy and very interested in daddy's globe project (one of his favorite toys). As an overview, I've started my work rhythm again, getting ready to do a 3d scan and import the file into google earth as a preliminary project. The first thing I have to do is finish painting the project, adding depth to the oceans to meld the ocean into the land via a little artistic wizardry (time + obsession + attention to detail!). Once this part of the project is finished I'll get the scan in for some really great planetary pictures. Thanks go to Vorropohaia for his help, and to the guild as a whole. Pictures of the artistic process involving the coastline to follow soon. Have a great day everyone!

Here is the current work in progress:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0355.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	97354Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0356.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	97355

Each area of the planet is receiving incredible detail, telling a story without needing words. It's coming along, this final ocean touch is the critical component that just hits your eyes, tying it all together. This is a very rewarding part of the project, albeit very tedious at times, so I'm hitting this a few times a week for a few hours. The area of the globe for the picture on the left was about 16-20ish hours of work. I am not done with the total area on the right picture, more needs to be done!
    Last edited by Vigilus; 07-07-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Congratulations on becoming a dad

(sorry its late - I missed this thread completely)

That's one impressive globe!

Hey thank you! He's 8 months old now, crawling, said his first words (momma and dadada). He's one smart little guy and we couldn't be happier! I've had this thread up for a while and i'll keep it going.

Free time, being put to good use!

Enjoy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	99857

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilus View Post
    So here is a nice arial perspective of the 2d work I have done so far:Attachment 83453
    I began something like this recently.
    Now I just need to follow your lead and make a globe some day.

I began something like this recently.
    Now I just need to follow your lead and make a globe some day.
    I find it really soothing, a little bit each day!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234