Thread: 502 Errors and hosting.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default 502 Errors and hosting.

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to apologize profusely for the repeated 502 errors. I have notified the current host that since they are not very forthcoming with any attempts to fix this issue, I am actively seeking a new provider. If anyone would like to recommend a web host that can provide dedicated managed nginx hosting with at least 500Gb storage and near unlimited bandwidth, I'll look into it.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I may not be very tech-savvy, but I do know that potatoes power half the internet. Reckon we could give those a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Corilliant View Post
    I may not be very tech-savvy, but I do know that potatoes power half the internet. Reckon we could give those a shot?
    Think you're onto something here. Clearly members haven't been drawing enough potato crops in their maps and it's causing the server to fall over. We'll be closely monitoring all maps from now on and if you don't have at least one field of potatoes somewhere, for the sake of the site and possibly humanity itself, we'll have to remove your map. You have been warned!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Think you're onto something here. Clearly members haven't been drawing enough potato crops in their maps and it's causing the server to fall over. We'll be closely monitoring all maps from now on and if you don't have at least one field of potatoes somewhere, for the sake of the site and possibly humanity itself, we'll have to remove your map. You have been warned!
    Hmmm... yes. Brilliant. Gotta change those wheat fields in my Rook town map to potato fields.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmmmm... I'm eating potato chips sometimes.. is that a drawback then?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just want you all to know I haven't forgotten about this...We have a new solution, and I'm working some of the back end issues myself. We're going to be quite happy when the transition occurs I hope.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin