Thread: A Cave

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Default A Cave

On a whim, I made a cave. It was based on a map of a real-world cave, La Cueva del Zurdo in Nayarit, Mexico. Here's a page containing a description of the cave, with a map based on a survey some spelunkers did. The shape is basically the same, but I played loose with the features of the floor, and added some crystalline light sources because ADVENTURE. Stalagmites and crystals courtesy of the dundjinni forums, and the textures all come from textures.com.

Here it is with and without a grid. Scale is 100px to the five-foot square, and the scale also corresponds roughly to the real-world scale of the cave, give or take a few feet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cave-no-grid.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	6.85 MB 
ID:	83630

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cave-with-grid.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	6.89 MB 
ID:	83631

I realized part way through the process that the procedure I used to build the cave walls actually makes it appear that the room at the bottom left opens off the map. I could go fix that, but I think I won't. It's a happy mistake. Perhaps that leads to yet another cave.

What's in this place? I have no idea. Maybe some bats, and lots of cool quiet air? Anyway, I hope someone finds this useful.

You can never go wrong with making a cave on a whim.

Looks very nice, and it's cool that it's based off a real cave. I looked at that website, looks pretty awesome.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM