Thread: My first 3 Dungeon Maps

Map My first 3 Dungeon Maps

Hi Guild,
    so, I think it's time to give back, so feel free to use my first 3 Dungeon Maps, that (kinda) look good enough to post here.
    I also would like to hear, what i could do better in the future or any other comment and if they even belong here or the finished Maps Forum. (I think, the mentioned Forum is more for Geographic Maps than Battlemap Dungeonmaps)
    I made this maps for my P&P Round - we use a table with a TV integrated. Over the Map comes a Fog of War. Even if your game setup differ, feel free to use them as you like.

Props to the dndjinni Forum for Mapping Objects and you Guys for the great Tutoring.

First my real first Dungeon - made with CC and pretty bad actually. It was meant to be an secret temple for Mask.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basalt-thumb.PNG 
Views:	357 
Size:	998.4 KB 
ID:	83633
    Full Version

Second a narrow Tower for an Archmage (The upper levels are only reachable with levitation).

Name:	Turm1-thumb.png 
Views:	426 
Size:	520.6 KB 
ID:	83635
    Full Version

Third a multi Level Temple for the Glory of Bane.

Name:	Tempel-thumb.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	83634
    Full Version
    Last edited by DaveInc; 05-14-2016 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Full Version Links

Nice job! I like that tower map. It would be interesting to see an isometric version of it

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very well done, congrats on your first maps.
    If you're not planning to work more on them, you should post them in "finished maps" instead. If you are planning to work more on them, you should post them in a higher res perhaps or it can be hard to really comment on them
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Ok, thank you for the Information. I won't work on them any further, as they all got played with already. I guess, I will start a Thread for these Maps in the finished Map section then - but before 2 more questions. Can I just start a thread with all my dungeon maps and post played maps there or do i need to make a thread for each individual map? And second: Under the "Full Version" Link is the same res i used them with my rp group - are you sure, these versions are too low res? If yes: Should i upscale them just for this forum?

Greetings,
    Dave

Blog Entries

You can create an album for your work by looking at your profile and settings area. You can post finished maps by creating a new thread for each which I think is better than having one long thread of many maps. As for upscale, you can post reasonably high resolution images to the site but I wouldn't upscale them specially for a guild posting. If you have them higher res and don't want to down scale them then by all means do that. But up-scaling the resolution of an already lower resolution image doesn't make it more detailed so just post them as is.

Nice maps Dave. Looks like they will be fun to play on.

As for resolution, there is no one standard for gaming, but in general the higher the resolution the better looking the map is.
    I think the majority of battle maps made for gaming are done at 1 inch on the map equals 5 feet of game space at either 72 dpi ( a lot of game aids like Roll 20 use this ) or 100 dpi if you are going to print them.

And Red Robes is right, we would love to see higher Res versions, but just increasing the res of these maps won't help. You have to start the maps at a higher resolution.

Hey Thanks Bogie

But without your marvelous Map Object, i wouldnt made that maps for sure ^^

Next Maps will be in higer res under finished maps.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected jpstod's Avatar

Nice Maps ...
    Like most Casual Cartographers I make Maps for our Group based on what we are playing at the Time.
    For online use I tend to do 72 DPI mainly because that is what my Systems loves the most. I just started using CC3+ and saving at 300 DPI but that is because I started babbling in Online Sales and making them best Quality for end users printing them out maybe.
    The Wayward Traveler
    Guildmaster Galveston Island Adventurer's Guild
    http://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...?term=John+Pau
    [url]http://www.patreon.com/TheWaywardTraveler[url]

Guild Novice

Very nice work, tower looks amazing, keep up the good work.

Guild Applicant

Admirable. I just registered with the Cartographers' Guild, so, as you know, I'm not yet able to start an original post. I can only reply. Judging from this post, as a newbe, I've got a ways to go. This is an awesome site, and this is an awesome map for someone who claims to be a first timer. Cool.

I've just started with ProFantasy software series. Tell me, if you will, what other software should I be reviewing? I'm a bit long in the tooth, so need something that hasn't a steep learning curve. I'm on Window 7, 64 bit desktop with a couple of nice monitors.

I apologize if this is the wrong way to start off, but I couldn't find any other way to ask.