Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Six maps open for critics and comments :)

Awwww.... I so don't want to repost all the maps one by one again, took me lots of time and got even timed out for inactivity x.X...
    As for the colours, I will clean the map so don't worry, but I will not add colours. I wish to avoid as much as possible editing it on the computer. But yeah, you can tell I manipulated those papers alot.

Whew... I hate to admit it, but I am already working on another continent... this weekend I will start the thread of Espaltorado continent...
    We all wish to create, but do we really create?
    What we draw and what we write is part of us.
    No we do not create, we simply discover who we are.
    **My maps have copyrights**

That is alot of work you have put into this. It looks great but there are big empty spaces. There is nothing wrong with that, Im just wondering if you will add something later.

Also, the coastline in the north west look much thicker than the rest of the map.

Pour éviter le problčme de connexion expirée, il faut cocher la case "remember me" qui se trouve sous la ligne du mot de passe. Il fait le faire avant de se connecter et il faut le refaire si tu efface l'historique (cookie ou cache, je ne sais lequel).

Azelor you are right with the empty spaces, I will be working on them. The map is not finished at all. As for the coastline, probably something I will have to edit on the computer.

There is a massive mountain range which goes from north to bottom south. Its not natural and its meant not to be. I would like to know what you guys and girls and things (if you are androids ). I tried to shape some peculiar landscapes by having what will be called the Earth's Skeleton (the mountain range I am talking off).

Right now I also have two questions...
    1-For me the north is mostly done, but are there things you would add or recommend be to add?
    2-For the south, what would you like to see?

On this page I employed the ,ll, symbol for the savanah, but should I also use it for grasslands? And if so... Should I also use it as a texture to fill in vast empty spaces?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k16.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	102689

The Spine of the world.
    Since the map are not finished, it's hard to tell what is missing but it would be good to indicate the different biomes.
    You will probably need a legend, some indication for latitudes.

Now that I look at it from my computer, not my phone, I notice that all the coastlines are thick. It's alright but when you have a lot of details packed in a small area (like fjords), that is what makes it look thicker I think.

Grassland/savanna: a savanna would be a mix of trees and grass, so yes you should use the same symbols.
    Whether you fill all the gaps or not is up to you. It can be good or bad if you overdo it.
    Chickpea posted an interesting article about filling empty spaces: https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...-blank-spaces/

Thanks Azelor! Yeah, spine is much more appropriate and descriptive. Skeleton may just be akward and misleading. Thanks also for the link concerning the article.

Well, the Kastosians are not explorers and the style I use will be theirs in the novels I will write. Mmmmm... Even though this map is more exterior to the book as it isn't suffering from any lack of knowledge, I keep that kastosian mentality in mind.
    Since they prefer precision over aesthetic, I do not see any reasons to fill just to fill. MY FEAR of void is to add details, so I should avoid filling everything in fear of overdoing it.

Actually, the name Spine of the world is already taken and part of a well known campaign setting, you should probably avoid taking it.

Ah thanks for telling me!

Mmmm Will have to think of something...

Very impressive! I love the general view, The land shape is gorgeous.

Well thank you Ilanthar!

Erm, I don't know if I should post this island map here but starting a new thread just for that one map would be invasive I think. So yeah, here is an island which is far to the east of the continent.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	102817

Eeeerrrrmmm... Okay... This thread is big already as it is. If I am to post maps for another whole continent, would it be better I do another thread? Will be a project as big as this one...
    Last edited by Elterio Delgard; 12-31-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast