Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guild World : Janantara Elubor

Map Guild World : Janantara Elubor

Well, I'm following the move!

This is my contribution to the wonderful Guild World. Two contributions actually, one more frosty than the other I guess.
    Janantara Elubor is "The lands of the Great Communities of the Nantar". Its a big and mostl cold and wild lands. The Nanta are united by a common culture and a common faith, but they have formed a loosely alliance of communities. Faith, social relationships and technology are very important. They are developing machines with coal and magic.
    "Our lands are cold, but our hearts are warm". The Nantar are traders, seafarers, fishermen, largely present on the two seas and the nordic ocean. They "dream" of a future where they would be able to fly in machines and therefore discover the southern lands beyond the high mountains, and maybe reach the moon. They worship the moon goddess, mother of the seas and skies, guiding the traveller with her daughters, the stars.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Janantara Elubor.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	3.35 MB 
ID:	84278Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Janantara Elubor v2.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	84279

Done with Wilbur and Paint Shop Pro 7. The WIP is here
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 06-07-2016 at 01:33 PM.

This is a really beautiful map. It looks really well done, I really like your backstory for the map as well. It gives an insight to the people living in the lands the map depicts, something like that really helps with world building and helping the places feel alive.

This is a map I would absolutely love to use for a game or story.

Greatly appreciate your work.

Thanks a lot Kitedtk!

I do maps mainly for my rpg campaigns, so, I generally have a backstory for each of them. For the guild world, every guild lands are crafted with a lot of very cool ideas and backstories as well (and beautiful maps!), so I made up something too. It helps a lot to do a map in my opinion, but the map itself often develop your story.

Amazing maps. You should be proud of these.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Thanks Josiah, I guess I'm as proud as you are of your own great guild land !

Beautiful maps, Ilanthar, and I love that you did two versions (I somehow overlooked this in the WIP thread). Can't decide which I like best, they're both lovely!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Terrific map, neighbor!

Awesome map! I especially like how you have a soft overlay of topographic lines on V2. V2 is my favorite of the two!

Thanks a lot guys !

This is one of my favorite contributions to the project. I shows that you really took your time here. Both versions are gorgeous. Wonderful job.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast