Thread: June/July 2016 Lite Mapping Challenge: Village of Cliffborn

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Nice! I love the buildings and farms. What is that line smashing through houses?
    The path along the cliff somehow doesn't look realistic. Kind of looks like it's just floating there.
    Zoomed in the cliffs don't look so great but when zoomed out they actually work quite well.
    The line is the damage from the "searing light" in my story on the first page. The path/cavern in the cliff at the tower, if that is what you meant, was my attempt at showing an isometric underground rooms and cavern with a linking under water tunnel that goes to the outside pond. Guess it wasn't a very successful attempt. it does look like it is floating. EDIT: realized I mistook the path comment, the one to the ocean does look off. I should have worked it more to get it to settle in.

Time got the better of me and between computer/tablet issues and a design I wasn't happy with in my first couple versions put me behind so I can understand your comments on the cliffs as well.

I'm glad I was able to show something finished even though it is not exactly what I had in mind. Close, but I just didn't manage my time the best to get everything in before the deadline. Stayed up to 1am to get it posted and now at work.

It was a fun challenge. I learned quite a bit. Look forward to others in the future.
    Last edited by Savage Orc; 07-14-2016 at 04:13 PM.