Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skeaulvradkt Kiondju (Soulburn Castle)

I agree Bogie, I do need to add something to those outer walls. I can increase the length/strength a bit. I don't know about shadows on both sides... but I will see what else I can come up with. I might could also change the background bitmap...it's supposed to be darker... there is a volcano near by. Let me ponder it a bit.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

This is looking really good so far, ladiestorm!

Here's a technique you might find helpful, for partially submerging your crocs:

(I'm using PaintShop Pro X7)
    * Using the Freehand Selection tool, select the part of the croc you want submerged.
    * Then Modify the Selection with a small Outside Feather. This will vary depending on the dimensions of your crocs. (for my test I used 15)
    * Cut out your selection, paste it as a new layer, and align the body back with the head, or the head/tail
    * Lower the Opacity of the layer to your liking. (for my test I lowered it to 35)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	submerged croc example.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	410.1 KB 
ID:	84777

Hope that helps!

Unfortunately Neyjour I don't use Photoshop, only cc3+. So I have no idea what your talking about. I do know what need to do for my crocs, I just forgot to do it, that's all. But I do appreciate your input, and your willingness to suggest improvements! Please keep them coming!
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Well, I've been pulling my hair out the last day and a half, because I thought I had lost my work, and was going to have to start over again! Luckily, thanks to tech support, I was able to recover my map, although I do have to reset my effects and things. I've done about half of it. But in the mean time, I have finally started turning much needed attention to the second floor of this castle. Since I'm running short of online time (going out of town this weekend!) I will just post for your enjoyment. As always feel free to suggest, comment, critique, rate, rank or run away as you see fit!

Name:	Castle_Floor 1lrg.PNG 
Views:	53 
Size:	5.85 MB 
ID:	84821 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soulburn Castle_Floor 2lrg.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	6.48 MB 
ID:	84822
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

OMG, I can't believe it... I am actually finished!!! It's been a long, hard, nightmarish process, one that I loved intensely!!! I'm taking a couple of days off to recoup my creativity, and then I will get started on the next big project... my first ever city design!!! Thanks to every one for the help, encouragement, and suggestions along the way.

Name:	Castle_Floor 1lrg.PNG 
Views:	77 
Size:	6.06 MB 
ID:	84978 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soulburn Castle_Floor 2lrg.PNG 
Views:	59 
Size:	6.60 MB 
ID:	84979 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soulburn Castle_Basementlrg.PNG 
Views:	50 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	84980

And as always feel free to critique, comment, suggest, rate, rank or run away as you see fit!!!
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

The alligators look much better now!
    Good job!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

It looks great in detail. I hadn't seen it that way before. You've done a wonderful job here, Ladiestorm.

Maybe I can help with a sort of translation between software lingo? I THINK that what Neyjour is suggesting you try in Photoshop, Ladiestorm, equates to making the crocodiles transparent against the water background, but in CC3+ we do it the other way - by adding a patch of water on top of the crocodile and making the patch transparent. You have already done this, so maybe Nayjour is looking at one of the images without the Sheet Effects turned on?

Please fell free to correct me, anyone else who uses both CC3+ and either GIMP or Photoshop. I use CorelDraw, which is different again, but I felt like I understood what you were saying, Neyjour.

I'm sorry - I've only been here about a day. I haven't figured out the controls properly and can't seem to quote anyone just yet :-)
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-09-2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Novice mistake!

you are doing just fine, Mouse . And I'm glad you like this castle map, since you had a creative hand in helping me make it! Your suggestions and comments on the other site helped shape this castle, and I really appreciate all the help you gave, in case I forgot to thank you earlier.
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

You didn't, and your welcome... again! LOL

The maps came out great Ladiestorm!! I really like your well equipped Interrogation Room! "No on expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123