Thread: Email problems

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Email problems

We're currently experiencing a problem with our email system. I'm not sure what's going on but we're being rate limited or blocked by multiple email providers...It's usually due to spam or abuse, and I can't find any evidence of it, but I'm still looking into it. I just wanted to let you all know that you may have trouble receiving email from the site for a while until I can figure it out and get it under control.

In the meantime, if you've attempted to sign up and have not received an email validation code...that's probably why. Just use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and I'll get you validated as quickly as I can.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Looks like the last of the big email holds was removed finally last night. Some of you may have gotten a bunch of emails dumped on you all at once. Especially if you had a birthday or any subscriptions to threads. Hopefully it will stay clear and everything will continue to deliver properly. Please let me know if you have any problems getting mail from this site from here on out and I'll investigate. Thanks so much for your patience.

Posted mobile using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

So, I was wrong...but now I'm right...There were two outstanding email blocks that had not cleared according to my logs...and one of them was a doozy...hotmail and all microsoft email services. I've since cleared them along with any trendnet related mail services so as far as I can tell, we're no longer being blacklisted...so everyone should be able to receive emails from this new server.

The biggest impact this had was on new users that needed to verify their email addresses...