Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City of Bladewater [commission]

Awesome work!
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Wow J.Edward, another fantastic map! I love how you made the different buildings bend and twist in some spots Usually I don't see buildings do that on a city map so it is nice to see that somewhere in that city is a crazy architect who is not afraid to make buildings that aren't square or rectangle.

I also like the way you made the docks look, and the market, and the administratum, and the city walls, and...well...I just love everything about this city. Very well done sir!
    Thanks Tony. haha, I would be that crazy architect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barek333 View Post
    The amount of detail and line work, beautiful as always. And of course the functionality of it all with placement of buildings and areas carefully made. Really nice.
    Thanks Barek
    Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    A really beautiful piece, so much detail but so clean, really nice job.
    Thank you snodsy
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmic dungeon View Post
    Amazing job !!!
    Thanks kosmic
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Beautiful as always.
    Thanks GWN
    Quote Originally Posted by Elterio Delgard View Post
    What strikes me is how well ordained it is. I have the impression that this fortified city is not only rich, not only powerful, but also old and proud. The power there must be well secured in order to have such a flourishing market outside the gates! Amazing!
    Thanks so much Elterio. The little market outside the gate was my suggestion - i was thinking that with only one gate to the city, there would be a line outside to get in. They would be checking everything at the gate and that security would slow things down, so a small tent town outside the gates might spring up as people always had to wait. Eventually some trading and selling would start to happen as some people would not want to wait if they could just sell outside the gate.
    In fairness to the client, it was my suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    What can I say.. another awesome piece of work.
    You'd think the red text like that would be hurtful on the eyes on a black and white map, but actually it fits quite nicely.
    Thanks Josiah. I just wanted that text to really stand out against all the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by October31st View Post
    Has anyone told you it looks like the Millennium Falcon?
    Haha, no, but I had thought that myself. It was unintentional, but it does look like that all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    Amazing!
    I should say as usual but each time it's a unique piece of art!
    Thank you Fol2dol
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbehobbe View Post
    Awesome work!
    Thanks Obbe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Great map!
    Thanks Sap

Wow. Just wow!

Bulky but lovely ! Man, you know how to pack your maps

J.Edward, you never cease to amaze me with your maps! This one is dizzying!!! In a good way, of course . I especially love the cliffside, and that little trail down to the river's edge! That's a really cool detail in such a large map!!!

I'm going to be starting my own city map soon enough (my very first), and I'm hoping you will come and help me out with it when I do! I will certainly need your expertise!!!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

This is absolutely astounding. I love the clean lines, the simple shapes that all coalesce into a magnificent design. This is one of my favorite city maps to appear in the Guild for a long while. Very nicely done, indeed.

And yes, my first impression was the Millennium Falcon.

Just amazing and beautifull. If you don't mind sharing with us some of your work progress : do you use vector tool to draw your city building ?

Great map again! I just don't know how you manage to put so much details in a city map... I do the quarter of this, and I'm already exhausted .

Yet another incredible piece! Your work never ceases to inspire J. Out of curiosity, how much of the details of the map (i.e. its layout, districts major features etc) were given to you as specs, and how much was purely your own design? Did the client provide you with a reference map, or just notes? I'm just curious I guess how you approach a commissioned project of a city of this scale.

EDIT:...and as per usual, I'm out of rep...

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast