Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Free Symbols Sets

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I can't recall ever seeing anything like this but modern isn't my niche. The old Sim City website had a bunch of stuff on it and you could take some of those things and shrink them down and turn them into png files to use.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I tried the FSC symbol sets listed here. Major problem: CC3 Viewer does not work. I have dloaded and installed it three times, but to no avail. Boy that puts a big negative against Pro Fantasy for me. I was planning on buying their product(s), but not any more.

Request: Could you please convert the FSCs into PNGs? I'd be greatly appreciative if this could be done.

rmfr

P.S. - Don't ask me what is wrong with the CC3 Viewer. It seems to work until I try to open a file in it, then it just sits with a spinning hourglass for over 15 minutes. I then have to shut it down through Task Manager. Could it be that Pro Fantasy stuff is not Windows software? Or is it Vista? More apt to blame it on Vista. And do not suggest I upgrade to Win 7. I ain't gonna pay $200 to upgrade. Maybe if it were only $50.
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

Vista has caused quite a few problems for ProFantasy in the past. Most of the issues go away if you install somewhere other than the program files directories. The Viewer is not supported under Vista or Win7 at this time, due to the significant change in Windows' security features, but it is possible to get it to work if you know how to contravene those features.

In any case, though, I don't think you would be able to easily extract the symbols from an FSC using only the Viewer. It's specifically designed to allow you to look at a map in CC3/2's native format without being able to extract the data. I suppose you could take a screenshot and cut it up in the Gimp, but that would be quite tedious.

In any case, there are quite a few different libraries linked in this thread. If you'd like someone to go to the trouble of converting something, you should narrow down your request to the specific collection you're interested in.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I guess I could have narrowed it down, but I was wanting to look at all the symbol sets others have attached to their posts. By large jaerdaph has attached the most. But I thought I saw a few others who had attached symbol sets.

Thanks.

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

@arakish The CC3 Viewer installs and runs fine on Windows 7 and Vista systems. That's not to say you don't have a technical support issue, but it's not a general Vista or Windows 7 related issue. I ran the installation as Administrator, and installed in its default location, that is in Program Files; without "contravening security features"

It is not designed, nor can it, extract symbols from drawings. If those symbols catalogs are made with PNGs rather than native CC3 entities, you'll find them stored as PNG files in a subfolder somewhere - we don't embed PNGs.
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

You may wish, then, to update the system requirements entry on the product download page. I had assumed that since Vista and Win7 were not listed that users were experiencing the same problems as they had with CC3. But since I've been a CC3 user for a while now, I've never had need for the viewer, so I admit that I didn't actually test it, particularly since it doesn't actually do what arakish is after, anyway.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Hi, I've looked the forums and tried other places. Does anybody have a good set of "old school" TRS-esque mapping symbols in PNG format or JPEG that I can convert into PNG's?
    Website & blog: Knightvisiongames.com
    Twitter: @kvgames

I googled "D&D map symbols" and switched to image mode. It let me quickly tracked down this: http://forum.rpg.net/showpost.php?p=...79&postcount=5 (download the image in attached in the post). Hope that works - it seems to match memories of the old D&D stuff I played as a kid.

ok, I'll try those thanks.. I was really looking for some B&W ones.
    Website & blog: Knightvisiongames.com
    Twitter: @kvgames

mapsandmore.com is gone.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast