Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Grimmsmouth

'don't know how I missed this thread for now.
    It's just breathtaking : all those details, and looking so incredibly real...! You have all my admiration !

Thank you so much Beee I'm really glad you like it.

I try to keep this map as realistic as I can and blow off steam with over the top imaginary nonsense in other places on CG. Challenges are like a pressure release valve for my imagination. Thanks again.

Latest couple of sq kms added below (a layout error has crept in but I'm on it).

On a side note, this is all getting too big now and I'm having to reduce the display size and quality more and more. I'm going to have to look at putting this somewhere and displaying it in a format that suits what I had envisaged initially. A Google Maps type zoom around the map thing. Any starting advice on that would be much appreciated btw.

Thanks as always for your encouraging words

### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 108210

Ah.

I think there are several threads covering the subject of zoomy maps, but that's not Google maps is it.

Maybe someone like Redrobes can help?

Great to see you getting on quite fast with this now, Weery

Hi Mouse, yes I'm definitely getting faster at this now I might even get it finished in 2 years and not the 4 I have scheduled for myself!

Maybe zoomy maps would be sufficient. I've not much knowledge so I'll go search the threads on here. Perhaps I'd have to host it on a website outside of CG though. I'll go have a look. Thanks so much for the sign post

Redrobes made Viewingdale.
    I think he uses a Leaflet or something to make zoomy maps like the one for Guild World. It must be somewhere in these threads.

This: https://leafletjs.com
    Last edited by Azélor; 07-06-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks for the link Azélor. I think that leafletjs is exactly what I had in mind. I'm going to start learning how to implement that on a website. Much appreciated

Weery

It's so great to see your latest progress. I love to look at all the details - a zoomy map would be really cool.

Thanks so much Neyasha for your continued support and encouragement I really appreciate it!

I'm learning about zoomy maps in the background so hopefully one of these months I'll have something to show for it!

Thanks again,
    Weery.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567