Thread: Ascension's photoshop tut....lighting problems help!

Guild Novice

Help Ascension's photoshop tut....lighting problems help!

Hey guys, long time no see. So here I am again still trying to get through some of these tutorials, and I finally downloaded photoshop to try. After a year of messing around in gimp, I can get by on many things, and look up other things that I'm used to but can't find. However photoshop CC seems to be VASTLY different from previous photoshop versions and some of the screen grabs in ascensions tut don't translate too well. Specifically the lighting part. The omni light seems to have disappeared altogether only giving options for a point light, spot light or infinite light. Also I'm not sure I'm getting the levels right on the sliders because some of them are completely different.

Please help.

I'm still messing up big time in the tut process, but there could be so many areas I'm messing up in I just don't know. I really wish there was some way someone could do a video series in slow motion so I can see just what it is I'm doing wrong. Or someone could magically appear and sit down with me for a few hours (lol I know, EVERYONE has time for that)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	85216   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	85217   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	26 
Size:	4.49 MB 
ID:	85218