Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help

After lossing all my progress I reborn (haha so ironic I called this topic "Kronos reborn" in 2016) my contour map. In last try I understand how imitate Pixie DEM style. Now I want fixe my tectonic(again, I hate this). This is rougue tectonic. I absolutly nothing know about other continents.
    I have old problem with my west mountain range and Middle Sea connection.
    Middle Sea formed like Mediterranean sea. But how correctly make relief on this region? I tryed mixe Indochina,Iberia and Asia Minor but can`t find correct way for middle Tanat range
    White lines this are potential new ranges that I whant added. Shaded areas this is coast correction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kronos_2020-.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	124918  

Ok, after some times I started work on super-continent model and redoing (again) tectonic model.
    This is super-continent that crushed in 4 new.
    In previose stadie 2 super-continent (Northen and Souther) collapsed and create middle mountain range Tanat.

Name:	Монтажная обла&#10.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	126442  

My expirement with DEM. This is very easy and qick to create height map. I use it like substat for hand draw. You can see that rivers are crasy now, I planing fix this and others problem places in traditional hand-draw elevation

Name:	++Kronos_2020++.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	127251  

I think finish soon my height map.
    P.S. I added map with pink lines that show my problem places that I didn`t like or it`s look strange for me. I will glad any advice about improvet it

Name:	Kronos relief.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	5.18 MB 
ID:	127314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	++Kronos_2020+++.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	127315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problems.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	127317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plates2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	127318  
    Last edited by Harrg; 12-22-2020 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    I think finish soon my height map.
    P.S. I added map with pink lines that show my problem places that I didn`t like or it`s look strange for me. I will glad any advice about improvet it
    Hello.

I'm trying to understand your use of DEMs.

1 - So to get to this stage, you stopped drawing your map heights by hand, and instead decided to paste in real DEM heights. Correct?
    2 - And it looks like you then applied Wilbur on top of that. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by cyanide_baby View Post
    Hello.

I'm trying to understand your use of DEMs.

1 - So to get to this stage, you stopped drawing your map heights by hand, and instead decided to paste in real DEM heights. Correct?
    2 - And it looks like you then applied Wilbur on top of that. Is this correct?
    Hello. Thank you.
    Yes. I use real world DEM. But in difficult places i use hand drawn height map.
    I made some blueprints in wilbur like volcano
    My landmasses and borders I drew only by hand

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    Hello. Thank you.
    Yes. I use real world DEM. But in difficult places i use hand drawn height map.
    I made some blueprints in wilbur like volcano
    My landmasses and borders I drew only by hand
    Would you ever do a video walkthrough for us? I'm so interested, as it seems are so many others, with your whole process and results so personally I'd even pay to support something like that.

Tectonic model.
    Today active only purple, blue and black zones.
    Brown Maromar-Sarpadia belt is old border of northern continent. Borwn Hornhord-Kallihar blet is old too.
    I just not shure about north. I feel than should be old belt from Hibben to Svartal on west coast, but it brake east coast, because after Ice Age it will be under water? Mb sent old belt from Maromar-Veldia-Svartal on the east side?

Name:	tectonic.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	127336  

This all looks excellent to me so far, and I think your tectonic boundaries make sense as they're placed now. A couple things I might have done differently, such as adding some more mountain ranges to the north of your big orogeny in the center of the continent, and maybe putting the plateau/escarpment closer to the coast where the small continent is rifting in the south. But overall I think it's quite plausible.

When it comes to inactive orogenies such as in the north, I suppose you've a bit more room to play, especially since they tend to get warped and deformed by subsequent tectonic processes. Of course, the best way to figure that out would be to map out the tectonic history in GPlates, but that all depends on how much time you want to spend with it! I think it looks alright as is, though perhaps I would put at least one more defined mountain range (such as the Appalachians or the Ural Mountains) rather than one big plateau. But again, overall it looks great!

Thank you Tiluchi!
    A couple things I might have done differently, such as adding some more mountain ranges to the north of your big orogeny in the center of the continent
    Yes. I thinked about mounatain range like Tian Shan. Brown line in my gray map show it. I was not sure about this, but your advice convinced me otherwise. It formed 2 big plane, like Gobi or Taklamakan (between Maromar and Izsarant and between Kalenor and Sarpadia in my map).

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast