Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

Thank you Charerg. In old map I especualy don`t like the north region. And my map look strange, when I try to draw it in enoter size or rotation. I love what you and Pixie do in yours topics and I can`t repeat it.
    I love concept: middle sea, hight mountains from W. to E (form west range part it should be like Anatolia and Zagros, east part like Spain or Greece )/ 4000 - 4000 km size. I draw this world for my story and for me wery important some places, because I modeling my story and use relief for it. I dream to draw detailed atlas\or map like a satellite picture with all my roads,rivers, and etc. I want know geology, relief and many many details in my world. And when I try do it I see mistakes in previouse steps. I`m not shure that in my prior version relief looked true, but I love coasts (not north-west coast). Unfortunatly I placed between real relief and fantasy. (in this world not magic, magic like in real medieval this is more ocultisme, religion and myths. My world now it bronze age or early iron)Because in real modeling my map will be look wrong. (for example middle range will be between west coast and middle sea, but not form west ocean coast to east ocean coast like now)
    For draw map like a satellite picture I need draw DEM, for DEM I need good tectonic. Because this is one continent that I imagine in this world I never think about all world. In my story, people belive that continent were serrounded by 4 end- 4 world ocean and the 5th ocean is space. And if you go to east or west you come to space. This is like in medieval maps, where the Paradise Gates was on the East, and if you go east you come to the paradise. But they don`t know about real continents borders. For my story I choose this size ~4000-4000 km, because It give me places for different peoples and cultures, and this is not so far from each other. Mb. my important mystace that I never think about correct progection of my map to globe.
    May be I back to last map version and try to redraw relief.
    Last edited by Harrg; 11-17-2017 at 09:03 AM.

I spent some hours with g.projector and now I see, where is my problem. I will redraw north part of my world. This north projections brake my brain. I corrected east and west coast, but north very difficult. In different projections it`s look like potato or drunk line.(first img - new. second img. - old). May be hied my North under ice? Or make big counterweight island on the west(between 3 small islands)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1111.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	351.3 KB 
ID:	101342   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vert.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	101343  

Wip

Ok. I understand, that Kronos is located closer to the equator.
    I spent many time played with map on the globe.
    You can see It here
    https://vk.com/doc40428472_454189188
    Last edited by Harrg; 11-18-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Very nice. Distortion of continent shape due to projection can always be tricky, especially if you didn't take it into account from the beginning. But it's good that you were able to find a "nice spot" for Kronos that doesn't totally mess up the shape.

I promised to hide wilbur textures and I try to did it. I need advice about ice. What you think about water and ice? Is this small part look like ice shield?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19_11_2017_kronos.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	101412

Map

Daily update. Added some lakes and ice erosion on the north. Lakes look strange and I don`t know why. May be use more green or dark color? I think about how draw differentiation of biomes.

Views:	110 
Size:	3.88 MB 
ID:	101471  

Lakes look fine to me. And you are mastering differentiation of biomes - that's 1000 times better than anything I ever managed, at least.

The one thing that still strikes the eye (my eye) is the abrupt change from land to ocean color. If you are going to a satellite look, you will have to put in the hours and have a lot of different shades of blue in coastal waters.

Thank you pixie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    The one thing that still strikes the eye (my eye) is the abrupt change from land to ocean color. If you are going to a satellite look, you will have to put in the hours and have a lot of different shades of blue in coastal waters.
    I feel it too. Thak you for advice. I also want added more small erosion on the coast

Map

Happy New Year, guild!
    Mini map update

Views:	163 
Size:	3.74 MB 
ID:	102949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19_11_2017_kronos-.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	102950  

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected zhar2's Avatar

Looks good, I see you are using wilbur and are getting some strange straight and slanted erosion, the easiest way to fix this is: fill basins, 5% noise, fill basins again and then you can run insice flow.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast