Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    That looks actually very good, one question though , how did you do that level of erosion ?
    Thank you. This is wuilbur. I selected zoomed part of old height map. When I do it, it look like big pixels, in wilbur I added noise and than make 4-8 erosions c. and rivers. Than save it like gray shaded map (textures in wilbur). And use passis toutorial. For shadows I use your advice. Tnak you for it! I make 3d plane in photoshop with hegith map and drop sun, so it make long shadows. Than I save this img and use magick tool to select shadows and cut it in new layers.

Ok I suppose you are applying wilbur to enlarged portions of the map and not on the whole map , but in that case how will you connect then the enlarged portions of the map together? will the erosion of Image enlargement 1 fit with the erosion of Image enlargement 2?
    How you will match borders?

Those last pics you shown, Harrg.... they're just amazing! Honestly, they are, hmm, I have no other word for it... amazing.

I can't give you any more reputation, but that is worth A LOT OF REP. You picked up tectonics, Wilbur, climate, Pasis realistic tutorials, heightmaps on photoshop for shadows... the whole lot... and turned it into something never before seen around here. Obviously you won't be able to make your entire continent on this scale, your life is just too short for that, but, oh man, this is already an achievement.

Congratulations on the results so far.

Ok I suppose you are applying wilbur to enlarged portions of the map and not on the whole map , but in that case how will you connect then the enlarged portions of the map together? will the erosion of Image enlargement 1 fit with the erosion of Image enlargement 2?
    How you will match borders?
    Thank you very much! Unfortunatly I don`t know. On this week I will try to make neighouring map and connect it. I think I will draw or collage it.

Those last pics you shown, Harrg.... they're just amazing! Honestly, they are, hmm, I have no other word for it... amazing.

I can't give you any more reputation, but that is worth A LOT OF REP. You picked up tectonics, Wilbur, climate, Pasis realistic tutorials, heightmaps on photoshop for shadows... the whole lot... and turned it into something never before seen around here. Obviously you won't be able to make your entire continent on this scale, your life is just too short for that, but, oh man, this is already an achievement.

Congratulations on the results so far.
    Thank you! I dream that it will not eat all my live

Guild Expert

Wow, this looks great Harrg! I’ve been slowly going through this thread for the past few days in all my spare moments and find it very inspiring, And though I prefer the older versions before Wilbur got to it you can’t argue the results, you’re work here is really well done and something to be envious of.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Wow, this looks great Harrg! I’ve been slowly going through this thread for the past few days in all my spare moments and find it very inspiring, And though I prefer the older versions before Wilbur got to it you can’t argue the results, you’re work here is really well done and something to be envious of.
    Thank you very much! I`m very glad that it inspiring)

Map

First connection! I do it very quicly, but it work. Of course it will be this line, and differentiatons between maps, but I try to find optimal settings and mask it. My next step make 9 maps. I do number 2 and 5. When I do 9 map it will be 1 chunk, that I will can connecte with other chunks.
    Example of numbers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tanatx2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	3.97 MB 
ID:	107428
    Last edited by Harrg; 05-29-2018 at 03:04 PM.

### Latest WIP ###
    I masked ugly line, and now it looks good like for me. Height mountains biome very difficult region, because in forest biome I just fill it by trees and its masked all errors, in rock biome I need use more new ways like stone streams or cliffs. I many times try to imitate ice stream or snow, but I not understand how it make better.

Views:	114 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	107448

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    ### Latest WIP ###
    I masked ugly line, and now it looks good like for me. Height mountains biome very difficult region, because in forest biome I just fill it by trees and its masked all errors, in rock biome I need use more new ways like stone streams or cliffs. I many times try to imitate ice stream or snow, but I not understand how it make better.

Views:	114 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	107448
    It all depends on the level height you are assuming to watch your land, and so if or not rocks should be visible at all.

It all depends on the level height you are assuming to watch your land, and so if or not rocks should be visible at all.
    Yes. I see it, I think about technology, how it make. Because I need use something more then simple textures. I think try to draw special gray map for ice.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast