Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy Sell Forum Information

I see now that you can receive a payment through Paypal without having to have a Paypal account. You just have to add an email address. I have never done anything like this before, however, so I don't know how that would work without an actual account. Do you know?

What I might do, if Robbie can confirm that this will work and all the money will go in the right place (ie some to the Guild as well) despite the problem linking to CG, is reduce the price to $1 and make it go live - see what happens... or do you think that's too much for a very crude banister and shadow?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Money settings.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	85554

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I see now that you can receive a payment through Paypal without having to have a Paypal account. You just have to add an email address. I have never done anything like this before, however, so I don't know how that would work without an actual account. Do you know?

What I might do, if Robbie can confirm that this will work and all the money will go in the right place (ie some to the Guild as well) despite the problem linking to CG, is reduce the price to $1 and make it go live - see what happens... or do you think that's too much for a very crude banister and shadow?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Money settings.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	85554
    I've been trying to Google that but have come up empty so far... What I'm guessing is, if you don't have a PayPal account, you'll get a notification (when you make a sale) in your email and then be prompted to create a PayPal account so you can then gain access to that money? And once your account is set up, you can either let that money sit in your PayPal account, or you can add your bank account to your Paypal account, and then transfer from PayPal to your bank.

I think you attached the wrong image. All I'm seeing is the Sending/Receiving Payment page.

EDIT: Ooops, nevermind. I thought you meant you were attaching an image of the banister and shadow. Yeah, $1.00 seems a bit too high for just that. I'd lower the price (sorry, I really have no idea what it should be - I've never bought or sold items like that before), or if you didn't want to list anything lower than $1.00, you could do a set of them. Again, I'm really not too sure how many or how big it should be for that price... Hopefully someone else might chime in to give you a better idea with that.
    Last edited by Neyjour; 07-21-2016 at 06:57 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Will be looking into all this when I get to a computer.

Posted mobile using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Will be looking into all this when I get to a computer.

Posted mobile using Tapatalk
    Okay, thanks Robbie.

In the meantime... Here is said banister rail with shadow:

50 cents? 10 cents?

(Sorry I disappeared - had to go and rescue my mum when her car broke down )

Its a pity there's a lower limit on what you can upload, otherwise I could do the whole set - stair shadows included, so you can paste yourself a nice stairwell down into... the darkness below....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test plank.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	85555  

In the meantime... Here is said banister rail with shadow:

50 cents? 10 cents?

(Sorry I disappeared - had to go and rescue my mum when her car broke down )

Its a pity there's a lower limit on what you can upload, otherwise I could do the whole set - stair shadows included, so you can paste yourself a nice stairwell down into... the darkness below....
    No prob.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something (about how you want to do your listing)... if you uploaded the PNGs (as the preview images), they could just be downloaded/saved without anyone having to pay for them...

If you made a Promo image instead, that would bump the file-size up (hopefully to something that Panjo would accept), and then you just send the buyer a zip file with the actual PNG objects/elements (and a .txt ReadMe with your info, ToU, etc., etc.).

Ah. I see what you're getting at.

So now I should go away and make a file full of stairs... hmmm... OR... I could use a snapshot of the set in use, like this one?
    Name:  Test.PNG
Views: 69
Size:  76.6 KB

I wonder if its a bit misleading to show it with the steps I cannot upload?
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-21-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Robbie? If you can get this to work so that we can attach ourselves to the Guild properly, you can have the profit.

I don't like Paypal (for reasons I would prefer to keep to myself), so you can have anything that's made on my account with this test object as a very tiny contribution to the Guild. I am assuming that all I would need to do to make that happen is put your email address (or one you could give me) into the payment box, rather than my own?

Ah. I see what you're getting at.

So now I should go away and make a file full of stairs... hmmm... OR... I could use a snapshot of the set in use, like this one?
    Name:  Test.PNG
Views: 69
Size:  76.6 KB

I wonder if its a bit misleading to show it with the steps I cannot upload?
    LOL! Yes, make a nice big set!

But seriously... If I'm understanding how the listing is set up, the images you upload in the "Photos" section are for promotional/preview images only. The actual product (your .PNG objects/elements) are what you'd send to the buyer after you've received payment. And I just personally like using zip files for that, whether it's a commercial product or a freebie.

To give you a better example of what I mean, take a look at one of my mapping freebies on deviantART: Deep Woods Fallen Tree Logs

I think a listing at Panjo is similar to how I upload things like this to deviantART. What's visible on the page is just the promo, showing people what they'll be getting once they download the zip file. Or, in this case (with Panjo), what they'll be getting once they send their payment. Go ahead and download that freebie set I linked to and take a look at the files, and the ReadMe.txt in particular (if you're interested in doing it that way, in a zip).

I like zips because it's one simple download that keeps everything together (no loose files). And I really think a ReadMe is important, since it contains stuff like the the title of your product, the date, a list of all files in the product, your homepage/url, and most importantly... your License/Rules/ToU. All very handy and important information that the buyer (or freebie downloader) can quickly and easily refer to.

EDIT: I forgot to say, you don't have to make a whole set. You could just sell each one individually. Like I said before, making a promo image should (hopefully) bump the file size up to something that Panjo will accept. If you've got a whole set, include them all in the promo. And if you're just selling one, just show that one in the promo. Since you're sending the actual PNGs to the buyer yourself, it doesn't matter how small (or big) that file (or zip) is.
    Last edited by Neyjour; 07-21-2016 at 09:13 AM.

Thank you Neyjour. That was most educational (and some very nice fallen trees as well).

I can now see that its not just a case of throwing it up there on Panjo's page, but preparing the zip folder first. I notice how you have put your rights and permissions for the graphics in the read me file. I may just copy that file and list the stair shadows in place of your tree list... if you don't mind that is?

I have about 15 different sets of stairs (different numbers of steps 1 - 15, and the banister shadow. All these could go as one zip to the customer.

I'm understanding a lot more now. Thanks for your help

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast