Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy Sell Forum Information

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just a thought, but before this happens and before anyone actually pays for anything, I only know that these images work fine when used in Profantasy software. I wouldn't know if they are even transparent in other mapping software. I wonder if someone can borrow one of these and tell me if they do? the first two are supposed to be transparent, and when pasted onto the map should have the effect shown in the third image

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test plank.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	85559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02 step shadow.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	1,021 Bytes 
ID:	85560  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mouse, they're proper PNGs with transparent background, and they'll work just fine in programs like Photoshop, GIMP, PaintShop Pro, etc.

Here's a quick test in PaintShop Pro X7:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steps test.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	85562

Robbie, when I created my Panjo account, I used the exact same username (and password) that I have here at the Guild, with no variations in upper/lowercase letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    Mouse, they're proper PNGs with transparent background, and they'll work just fine in programs like Photoshop, GIMP, PaintShop Pro, etc.
    PHEW! It was just that I opened one in another piece of software and it was just black and white with no transparency. Talk about panic! Thanks for checking them out for me Neyjour

It looks like we did more or less the very same thing with Panjo, but I was a bit more clumsy than you and ended up with a fully blown listing (ie - fell in the pool)!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    PHEW! It was just that I opened one in another piece of software and it was just black and white with no transparency. Talk about panic! Thanks for checking them out for me Neyjour

It looks like we did more or less the very same thing with Panjo, but I was a bit more clumsy than you and ended up with a fully blown listing (ie - fell in the pool)!
    No prob!

Hehe, yeah. Each time I tried, I kept clicking the "Cartographers' Guild" checkbox, but when that didn't work, I just closed everything out. I never did try without that toggled on.

Okay, I just noticed something, and I wonder if this might be the problem, if the usernames have to match exactly...
    My username here is Neyjour (with a uppercase N). But at Panjo it's neyjour (lowercase n). I did not type it that way. Panjo changed it, for some reason.
    Mouse, could you check yours and see if it's the same as how you typed it, or if it's been changed?
    Last edited by Neyjour; 07-21-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    No prob!

Hehe, yeah. Each time I tried, I kept clicking the "Cartographers' Guild" checkbox, but when that didn't work, I just closed everything out. I never did try without that toggled on.

Okay, I just noticed something, and I wonder if this might be the problem, if the usernames have to match exactly...
    My username here is Neyjour (with a uppercase N). But at Panjo it's neyjour (lowercase n). I did not type it that way. Panjo changed it, for some reason.
    Mouse, could you check yours and see if it's the same as how you typed it, or if it's been changed?
    Following-up with you, I was able to locate your account and linked your accounts together for you here: http://www.panjo.com/profile/110613/neyjour2.

Unfortunately, I cannot update the upper/lowercase of your username without changing it first. I have temporarily changed your username to neyjour2. Once the databases have updated to reflect 'neyjour' is available again, I can change it back with the uppercase intact If I haven't been able to do it by the end of today, feel free to shoot me an email at brian.lee@panjo.com!

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

My capital "M" has been changed to "m", even though I was careful to type it with a capital M.

Tell you what else I notice - on the numerous times I tried to log into Cartographer's Guild from Panjo, my password asterixes (asterixii?... asteri?...) were obscured by the prompt, and seemed to disappear before I finished typing them. Its like the password was being deleted as I typed it. I tried pasting it from a text file, but that didn't work either.

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

My capital "M" has been changed to "m", even though I was careful to type it with a capital M.

Tell you what else I notice - on the numerous times I tried to log into Cartographer's Guild from Panjo, my password asterixes (asterixii?... asteri?...) were obscured by the prompt, and seemed to disappear before I finished typing them. Its like the password was being deleted as I typed it. I tried pasting it from a text file, but that didn't work either.
    Okay, so maybe that's what's causing the problem. Although... that does seem a bit odd, for our usernames to be changed if it does indeed rely on exact matches to connect with other sites. Hmmm...

The problem with your password... is that happening for the the login prompt, when you click the "Cartographers' Guild" checkbox at the bottom of the listing? I've tried 4 or 5 times and didn't experience anything weird like that when trying to login to the Guild. Just the error message I posted earlier.

It may have been a glitch. I only experienced it once, but it did strike me as being a bit strange. I've never seen anything like that before.

My password has an upper case J in it. Does yours have any upper case letters in it?

Just thinking out loud here, because if our usernames were modified, then maybe our passwords were too. So although we would still be able to log in (because the text box entries we make on Panjo would switch everything to lower case), that's why nothing matches up.

If that really is the problem, then none of us with upper case letters in our usernames or passwords will ever be able to get this to work... which is a heck of a lot of members!
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-21-2016 at 07:09 PM.

It may have been a glitch. I only experienced it once, but it did strike me as being a bit strange. I've never seen anything like that before.

My password has an upper case J in it. Does yours have any upper case letters in it?

Just thinking out loud here, because if our usernames were modified, then maybe our passwords were too. so although we would still be able to log in (because the text box entries we make on Panjo would switch everything to lower case), that's why nothing matches up.

If that really is the problem, then none of us with upper case letters in our usernames or passwords will ever be able to get this to work... which is a heck of a lot of members!
    Nope, my password doesn't have any uppercase letters.

This is really puzzling. I'm so curious to know what the problem is! I was hoping something might be resolved soon (I'm dying to go to bed), but it's become a quest now and I don't want to sleep until I can post my fake listing. LOL!

my password asterixes (asterixii?... asteri?...)
    Asterices.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast