Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Buy Sell Forum Information

I haven't actually tried to create a listing yet, but I'm assuming there shouldn't be a problem anymore with posting one (since you were successful with yours). I just want to wait until this is fixed before attempting to post one, and I really don't want to jump through extra hoops to do it every single time (which is a bit annoying).

If I don't hear back from Brian (here on this thread), I'll contact him later via email.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    I haven't actually tried to create a listing yet, but I'm assuming there shouldn't be a problem anymore with posting one (since you were successful with yours). I just want to wait until this is fixed before attempting to post one, and I really don't want to jump through extra hoops to do it every single time (which is a bit annoying).

If I don't hear back from Brian (here on this thread), I'll contact him later via email.
    They were both created before Brian fixed the linking to CG. Maybe its just a little glitch that needs ironing out a bit

I'm going to try removing the useless thread here, by attempting to unlink it from CG from the Panjo end (sorry Brian, if it took some doing to get it linked in the first place). We do need a way to remove all the little accidents that occur before the whole forum gets filled with them.

EDIT: Nope. You can't unlink a thing once its linked, so you're right to wait for Brian's input before either of us create any more.
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-23-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Robbie (or another Admin/Mod) should be able to remove old/test listings from the forum, so if you'd like to try it again to see if you experience the same problem I'm having, I wouldn't worry about it too much. But if you'd rather not, I do understand. I'm sure it'll be sorted out soon enough once I get in contact with Brian.

Actually, this brings up another idea, in regards to closed/cancelled ones. Maybe an archive sub-forum could be created for them, to keep the main forum uncluttered and displaying only active listings? Or perhaps it would be better to just delete the closed/cancelled ones altogether? Anyway, just something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    Robbie (or another Admin/Mod) should be able to remove old/test listings from the forum, so if you'd like to try it again to see if you experience the same problem I'm having, I wouldn't worry about it too much. But if you'd rather not, I do understand. I'm sure it'll be sorted out soon enough once I get in contact with Brian.

Actually, this brings up another idea, in regards to closed/cancelled ones. Maybe an archive sub-forum could be created for them, to keep the main forum uncluttered and displaying only active listings? Or perhaps it would be better to just delete the closed/cancelled ones altogether? Anyway, just something to think about.
    I did try it again , but I got the same message that you did and decided not to go any further. I don't expect it would be any different to what you experienced.

I know Robbie would be able to remove the extraneous posts, but it would help if we could help Robbie by removing our own mistakes - less work for the boss if we clean up after ourselves

Thanks for giving it a try. Yeah, if you're experiencing the same thing, then no need to proceed further with it by actually posting a new listing. (I didn't think of that... my brain isn't fully awake yet).

It's a pity that the listing "owner/poster" can't remove their own listing, since that will mean extra work for the Admin/Mods (if they want to keep the forum clean and uncluttered).

I have to abandon you now - apart from the fact that something just went a bit wrong with my mapping software, I have to go out to a 50th party this evening - one I can't really wriggle out of! Back tomorrow. Best of luck with the posting, Neyjour

No prob. See ya later. And I hope the problem with your software isn't too serious, and easily fixed! Re-installing is such a PITA (especially when you can't remember which default settings you've changed). I've started getting into the habit of taking screenshots of mine (with PaintShop Pro X7), because I've had problems in the past where I've had to re-install.

I sent an email to Brian, so just waiting to hear back now...

Already heard back from Brian (wow, that was fast!).

It seems this problem may just be a simple issue of the "+ New Thread" button needing to be re-linked/reset.

The redirect (from the + New Thread) seems to be working now. I had to login once to Panjo, and then start from the beginning again, but this time I was sent sent directly to the page to create a new listing (after clicking the "+ New Thread" button).

But after creating my new listing and attempting to submit it, I was sent to the 404 Error page again.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast