Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alien Language Font (+ PNGs)

I was searching for info about creating alien fonts (something I probably should have done before I made mine ) and found this wonderful article, which could also apply to fantasy languages/fonts as well: Designing an Alien Alphabet

That's really cool, Neyjour. Thanks for sharing. I just don't get why Dave Bleja has these ancient prayers tattooed on both his arms! I started wandering off in my head at that point, imagining that his parents did this to him when he was just a child... I have a tendency to get a bit distracted!

What Dave says is certainly food for thought, though, but I don't think you should regret not seeing his little piece before you started work on Cybertek Chaylek, because it seems to me that you were doing all those things quite instinctively

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's really cool, Neyjour. Thanks for sharing. I just don't get why Dave Bleja has these ancient prayers tattooed on both his arms! I started wandering off in my head at that point, imagining that his parents did this to him when he was just a child... I have a tendency to get a bit distracted!

What Dave says is certainly food for thought, though, but I don't think you should regret not seeing his little piece before you started work on Cybertek Chaylek, because it seems to me that you were doing all those things quite instinctively
    Eeee! Too much praise. *blushes* Haha. But seriously, thank you! You're too kind.

About his tattoos... Usually, tattoos aren't just about showing off body art. I mean, that's part of it, but what people choose to tattoo on themselves usually has a very special and/or personal meaning to them. (Excluding stupid teenage (or even adult!) decisions involving too much alcohol). In this guy's case, it looks like he chose something he really enjoys and is passionate about, and that's also meaningful to him (the prayers).

I suppose its more about the beauty of the font, than the prayer...

I always wanted a butterfly with its wings spread right across my shoulder blades, but I certainly could never afford a good artist to do it properly, so I never had it done.

Anyway - I'm starting to drift way off subject, and it is 3.10 am over here right now, so I really should go to bed!

Catch up with you later

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I suppose its more about the beauty of the font, than the prayer...

I always wanted a butterfly with its wings spread right across my shoulder blades, but I certainly could never afford a good artist to do it properly, so I never had it done.

Anyway - I'm starting to drift way off subject, and it is 3.10 am over here right now, so I really should go to bed!

Catch up with you later
    G'night! Talk to you later.

Neyjour, Josiah and Mouse,

Sorry for this answer a little off-topic but about random generators, have any of your tried "Inspiration Pad Pro"?

It's a free program from NBos and quite easy to use. You can create your own generators very easily. Once you have your tables created you can combine them as you wish.

I've gathered first names and last names from different countries and now I can combine them as I wish generating any name I want from any origin. You also have a version for smartphones or tablets running Android. If you want to give a try I can share the tables I have already created.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123