Thread: Northern Lurda

Guild Applicant

Map Northern Lurda

Hello!

Once upon a time, I've uploaded a map of a continent named Voseria which was part of my conworld. That was two years and many, many iterations of the said world ago. As it often happens, the world I created in my head has gone through many changes - some small, some big - and the map created back then has simply become outdated. Two years is a long time and it saw rise and fall of quite a few attempts at creating a new, fresh Voseria yet finally I am satisfied with the outcome. Continent has changed its shape, has been divided in different ways and has been baptised under a new name - Northern Lurda.

There are, of course, many things that do bother me about the map and will probably be tweaked or changed, but the current version is definitely final version. As I don't plan any more major changes, I want to share the map with you and hear your thoughts on it. Any and all critique is welcome, as well as suggestions, questions and praise. I hope you'll like my work!

Old map of Voseria

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vDws45Z.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	85895

arois

Hello, and thanks for sharing!
    The color palette is great, and I really like the way the boarders come together (especially when a river divides the two sides)
    I have two suggestions and they pertain to the "water" area of the map...
    One, you may think of either giving some form of detail in the water or around the coastline to tell the viewer that "yes this is water"; as when I first looked at the map as a whole I thought these areas were just another country/s not being focused on at present (until I noticed Nomans Land)...
    Two, while I understand fitting names and such is hard to keep consistent when dealing with varying sized land masses... And I think you have done great with this... but I am not to sure I like how and where you put "the Sun Sea", it wobbles a bit and feels to big for the area it is in, I don't know if it would work but arcing it between "the Great Forest" and the yellow landmass in a bit smaller type, may be more appealing; as you have already put some other titles to be read from that direction as well.

Anywho, as is it is a most splendid map, with all the major details needed for any political map... But if I could have one thing more, I would have put a B&W subtle overlay of each crest inside of each territory (or at least the 3 major ones, politically or population wise)...
    Just thoughts

Keep having fun!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Ryusamasan touched on pretty much all the points I would've made - more coastline detail/ripples/etc., and the orientation and size of 'the Sun Sea' label (also I would capitalize 'the' as well).

All in all, a gorgeous map!

Very clean and clear, a lovely map.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Sizeman21's Avatar

Default Great Map

I love all the colors and the names of every city. Nice map.

Really nice job, I think the large country labels seem a little too dominate and maybe a little more room around the text in the block and a non-white title box (just slightly off white, might help), overall great job!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Sizeman21's Avatar

I like everything about this map. Names are cool, colors are great and everything is clean and tidy.