Thread: Salutations!

Default Salutations!

Hello everyone,

I am new to cartography in my fantasy worlds, but an old gray beard in Game/Dungeon mastering.

I've depended on someone else's maps for so long that while working on a new campaign setting, I changed some of the world's features to match the maps I had on hand. This was a bit irritating when I thought about it, so I started to see if I could learn some of the skills needed to make my own maps. A search led me here and now I'm learning by reading and looking at the worlds created by others. Hopefully, I'll get to where I can actually share a map that doesn't look like it was drawn while on massive painkillers.

Hi Andy and welcome! Glad to hear you're taking the plunge and starting your own maps. Take a look at our quick start post or browse the Tutorials/How To section for more guides. Looking forward to seeing some maps from you. Just ask if you're stuck and need help.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I'm trying some of the quick start guides and having a little success. I'm the guy who failed "coloring" in grade-school, so, it's an adventure

This tutorial has always been popular and is very beginner friendly.

Hand-Drawn Mapping (for the Artistically Challenged)

Good luck!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"