Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: August 2016 Challenge: All's Well That's In The Well

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Added a couple of little touches...the muck now blends better, and there's a view of the sky when you look up through the well. Also added a tiny bit of ambient sound...will be adding more. If you tried downloading while I was updating files and get a corrupted file, just redownload.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Oh WOW!!!

I can see it now

Great work on the water animation, though I thought it might be a bit cleaner, since its a well. LOL

The sound effect is great, but it doesn't seem to last very long? (Maybe I'm still having problems with my PC)

Are you going to put anything in any of the chambers?

Picks jaw up off floor. Wow

Blog Entries

Thanks for checking it out! I posted a little setup in the first post about why the well has been corrupted by lizard men. They're using it for their ritualistic spawning, which has fouled up the water something horrible.

I'll check the sounds. They should loop. That might be a bug in the engine.

I do plan on decorating the rooms, but I may run out of time before I can get to it

Posted mobile using Tapatalk

Ah yes. I remember now (I have a memory like a goldfish).

It would be a shame if you didn't finish it to that level for the Challenge, but an even bigger shame to leave it unfinished in the long run. Its just too good to let rot in a corner somewhere

Blog Entries

Yeah. I agree! My problem is that I was counting on being able to use some existing 3d map elements that are available in the open art communities, but alas, my searching has turned up minimal resources. I need dungeon furniture that's not overly human. And modeling furniture is not a quick and easy thing. Bleh.

If anyone wants to model some stuff to go in the dungeon I'll gladly include it, lol. I'm just glad it runs for everyone.

What sort of files are they? I've only ever messed around with Blender before now as far as modelling goes, and I tend to take rather a long time to do anything - leaving many things completely unfinished! This is a shot of the latest abandoned model (nothing to do with mapping).

I bet, however, that the kind of models you would need would be something much more advanced and fancy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blender.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	86792  

Blog Entries

Nope, simpler is better for games and blender is recommended for godot. I can use collada and obj files.

That's actually a cool model! For games it's the normal and specular maps that make them look fancier than they are.

Aw thanks

Normal and specular maps eh? I think that means I have to UV unwrap things and make bitmaps. I get totally lost at that point, but if you would like me to make you a couple of simple models for someone else to texture for you, I could to that - if you give me a 2D picture or something I can work from. Would that help at all?

I could have a go at the texturing, but I really am rubbish at it, and you would all laugh at me! LOL!!!

Blog Entries

Well, look at the 2d map and let your mind wander. Anything you think would be fitting to go in a lizard man dungeon in those rooms would be welcomed.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast