Thread: Map for a Novel in Progress

Guild Apprentice

Default Map for a Novel in Progress

Hello Everyone,

I've been visiting this site for a few years and I've seen a lot of great work. I've mostly been coming here to collect maps for roleplaying games and the like (personal use only, of course!) This is the first time I've posted.

I'm just curious if anyone out there is up for a bit of a challenge. A buddy and I are working on a novel together and it's getting close to being finished. One of the things we'd really like to see is a decent version of the map we drew up.

So, if anyone out there would like to do a mock up of this, that'd be really cool. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but anything would be better than what we have. I'll attach the image I took of the map we drew out. If anyone wants to give it a go, that'd be awesome! Just let me know if you have any questions.

If no one goes for it, nothing lost, right? Thanks for taking a look anyways. Take care!

Those that are interested, a couple notes. The southern end, the Daebra, is a giant desert. The dual peninsula at the bottom (with the very close island) is lush greenery, but has no name (it is split between native-like tribes). The Stars are capital cities (with no names yet). The dotted areas with "F" are forests. The black dotted lines are borders. Also, the southern tip has changed a fair bit (separate image attached for changes) If you need clarification on anything else, just ask.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alenhold Rough Map.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	86416
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	southern tip of Alenhold.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	86417

Hey mrjane, you should post in the mapmaking requests forum if you're looking to commission someone (whether paid or unpaid). This is the folder for commissions (whether paid or unpaid) and I would suggest reading this comment before you post, as it outlines the sort of details artists need.

Hope you can find someone to help you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"