Thread: Fantasy World Map - First Pass

Default Fantasy World Map - First Pass

Project Scope
    This request is for a basic black and white world map of a fantasy setting I have been working on for a while. No text or colors needed, just the geographical information. I'm at the point where I have too many ideas to have them scribbled down in a notebook and would like to start making sense of them spatially. This would be for my own personal use as well as for roleplaying campaigns I run with friends.

That being said, I do have plans to either write novels for this setting or create a tabletop roleplaying game in the future (maybe both?) at which point I would be interested in commissioning more detailed maps. I would certainly give preference to whoever takes this commission when I need more maps in the future.

Style
    Something very simple that shows major geographical features such as mountains, lakes, rivers and forests.

Like this, but on a much larger scale: http://i.imgur.com/h98Vu3B.jpg

Baseline Images
    Here are the base images for the map. There should be a large fissure running horizontally across the mainland which I tried to show in the black and white one (giant cliff separates the two halves). The two large lakes in the middle of the colored map have been removed. Basically if you could add the elevation information from the colored image to the black and white one and then add some rivers, lakes, forests and deserts in where it makes sense I would be very happy.

http://imgur.com/a/DuE6C

Number/Quality of Maps
    One world map at like... 5000x4000? Is that too big, too small?

Copyright
    I don't know how this works. I have no intention of selling this map for commercial gain but I do intend to alter it on my own and one day have a better version of it made which would be used in books and stuff? So whatever allows that to happen. As mentioned earlier, if I do end up needed more detailed versions of the map preference would be given to whoever accepts this commission.

Deadline
    No huge rush on it, I was thinking something like two weeks but if that is unreasonable let me know!

Payment
    I don't know what is reasonable for a request like this. I was thinking like $150 but if I should be expecting to pay more by all means let me know.

Contact
    Send an email with the subject "Fantasy World Map" to: 30minutesilence --at-- gmail (replace --at-- with @ and add the .com)

The commission has been taken.