View Poll Results: Map a kids imaginary place/world?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • No

1 10.00%

Thread: Map a kids imaginary place/world

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Map a kids imaginary place/world

Having a kid has changed a lot about how I see the world and reminding me how I used to see the world when I was driven more by imagination than bills and responsibilities. Even when gaming, I don't think many of us adults can truly go back into that place where our imaginations used to take us when we were children. I have a 2 year old and seeing her face light up when she's left to play with her toys or in the yard and starts to imagine her very own special place is pretty amazing and quite inspiring.

So I'd suggest a challenge where you map the fantasy world inside a kids imagination. It could be a fantasy imaginary take on a childs real place (like J.Edwards map of my yard), or a completely made up fantasy world where a child takes their toys during their playtime. Whatever comes to mind, as long as it has some child-like wonder.

Whatcha think?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Ab...so..lutely! Love it!

this would be a really fun on to do, yeah a child can easily change your perspective, would have to get into a past mindset for this, been a long time, even my two daughters have all grown up, remember when my youngest wasn't scared of bees until she became a teenager, the early years of innocence

That would be SO COOL!!! In fact, I even know what I would do for it, I would map EverLyte, Kingdom of the Unicorn Princess!

I had a really rough childhood...EverLyte was.an imaginary kingdom I created to escape when things.got.really bad. I used to make up stories and tell them to my dolls. You know, I havent thought of EverLyte in over 35 years. Robbie, thank you for the idea! I may do this even without a challenge.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm