Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Commission: The City of Brightwater

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    There's just an impressive amount of detail in this map. I imagine your client must be very pleased.
    Thanks Arsheesh. Yes, he is pleased. He has actually commissioned me to make another map for him, this time a regional one. I'll be putting a WIP thread up very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eld View Post
    Just two things about the beauty of this map.
    1) Absent from the Forum for a few months and busy with my life, I came back a few days ago to show some progress on my maps and finally got on a search for this piece of art as I remembered it from my last visit.
    2) I've got a folder of inspirational maps in my browser, not many, just a few handpicked beautiful land and city maps. This one directly made it into that folder of pure inspiration and beauty.

That said, I love this map.
    If you are going to make a version with ships on it (which would be nice) just take care not to overdo it. The sunken city needs its attention and ships should be placed carefully so they don't steal the attention from the sunken city. Yet I think there's enough place on the water for some pretty ships setting sails or coming in.
    Thanks Eld. That's quite a compliment. I did consider putting ships into the map, but I decided against it because I didn't want to detract from the underwater city.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolfo Garandal Martà n View Post
    Excelente este trabajo
    Gracias Adolfo

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Beautiful map! I especially like the underwater details

Very nice piece of art !

Praise Well drawn and well built!

The whole city is nicely laid out and colorful.
    And the way you made part of the city appear to be underwater is cunning.
    On a whole, it is pleasing to the eye!
    Good job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123