Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map of Vodya

Map Map of Vodya

So... I recently got a graphic tablet, and I had a lot of fun testing it on a regional "redone" map of Vodya, part of my world of Agartha. As my old PSP7 isn't really tablet-oriented, I also tested Krita for this (except for the labels).
    I'm still not completely sure about a few things (like colors) and I probably could have add more things or worked more some parts (like the sea). But... Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with it .
    Thanks for the numerous comments during the making !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vodya.jpg 
Views:	507 
Size:	785.0 KB 
ID:	87340

Hope you'll like it!
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 09-07-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Lovely piece Ilanthar. Your sketchwork is so very enviable. I remember others commenting on the mountains in the WIP, but personally I love your forests, so simple yet also beautifully effective.

All the other ilustrations are equally as well done and the colours and textures are not overdone, but fit in just nicely. Personally the composition seems a tiny bit strange and pushed to the right, but otherwise it's a fantastic piece and all the elements of it make me want to try new stuff in my own work.

The only thing I really hope is that the lizard in the top left can swim, otherwise you're a very cruel cartographer...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nicely done, though I agree with GLS about the composition, which looks a bit unbalanced.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected darcycardinal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    So... I recently got a graphic tablet, and I had a lot of fun testing it on a regional "redone" map of Vodya, part of my world of Agartha. As my old PSP7 isn't really tablet-oriented, I also tested Krita for this (except for the labels).
    I'm still not completely sure about a few things (like colors) and I probably could have add more things or worked more some parts (like the sea). But... Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with it .
    Thanks for the numerous comments during the making !

Hope you'll like it!
    Good map so far - are you going to be moving to a different photo suite or stick with what you have, which tablet did you get? thanks.
    -darcycardinal
    Fabled Maps Cartography - Facebook Page - Click HERE
    Map Project "New Richmond" - Newest Update 10, Sept 5 - Click HERE
    New Richmond Sketch-update - Newest Update 2, Sept 8 - Click HERE

Very nice map! I like the sketching!

Forests and mountains look fantastic, and if this is your first attempt at mapping with a tablet, I cannot wait to see where you go from here!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Beautiful little map, Ilanthar. Really lovely.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Very nice! I love the compass, really original!

Thanks a lot everyone!

By GLS
    The only thing I really hope is that the lizard in the top left can swim, otherwise you're a very cruel cartographer...
    I'm a very cruel cartographer indeed ! I suppose salamanders can swim, though.

By Max
    Nicely done, though I agree with GLS about the composition, which looks a bit unbalanced.
    Yep, I agree... The problem when you're just cut off a selection of the coasts from another map... I should have paid attention more, though.

By Darcycardinal
    Good map so far - are you going to be moving to a different photo suite or stick with what you have, which tablet did you get? thanks.
    Not sure to follow you. It was a test, but I may do regional maps for this world. I'm using an Intuos Art (medium size).

By Sapiento
    Looks good!
    By Ajrittler
    Very nice map! I like the sketching!
    Thanks .

By ChickPea
    Forests and mountains look fantastic, and if this is your first attempt at mapping with a tablet, I cannot wait to see where you go from here!
    Yup, it's my first attempt, with a lot of glimpsing on other talented artists works ,though . I hope to not disappoint you with the following tests, then .

By Chashio
    Beautiful little map, Ilanthar. Really lovely.
    Thanks, and glad to see you back! I've still a lot to learn from your eagle-view land maps .

By Tom
    Very nice! I love the compass, really original!
    Glad you like it. It's kind of a mix between different tattoos seen here and there, with personnal additions to turn it into a compass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast