Thread: looking for someone to draw a map based on our long used childish drawing...

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Help looking for someone to draw a map based on our long used childish drawing...

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone to help out with drawing a beautiful fantasy map, based on a map we've been using for about 25 years now in our role playing group
    I'm attached what we have today. please consider it was drawn by teenagers in an age where these forums were science fiction...

If someone can help turn this into high quality map, I'd be gratefully, and also willing to pay for the work and effort involved. feel free to contact me about it.
    a bit of a legend for the map:
    Brown colored hexes with a ^ mark - mountains.
    Brown colored hexes with a m mark - hills
    Yellow colored hexes - desert.
    Green colored hexes with î mark - forest
    Green colored hexes with a few lines, kind of like iIi or iIIi - grasslands
    Light green colored hexes with a couple of vertical lines (mostly at the top of the map) - Tundra light forest / grasslands.
    Big round pencil dots (colored or not) mark cities, note that some of these are within forest marking so they can be hard to catch. These are not mandatory, by the way, the map will be excellent even without them.

cheers!
    Ami.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img048 (1).jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	87351

Hi Ami, firstly, welcome to the Guild.

I've moved your thread to the mapmaking requests folder as it seems more appropriate here, and artists looking for commissions won't overlook it in this folder. You can't access the site's Private messaging system until you've made five posts (anti-spam measure), so you'll either have to provide a contact email address or leave a few comments elsewhere around the site to gain access.

I hope you can find someone to help you. Any problems, just holler.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hi there Amidan! Welcome to the guild.
    Like ChickPea said we can't contact you yet, but if you like you can email me at birdsinyourbackyard [at] gmail [dot] com.
    You can see my portfolio here: http://fantasy-worlds.weebly.com/gallery.html

Cheers!
    Josiah

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

ok, got it.
    didn't see this map making request folder when searching for the right place to post my request...

my email is amidanr [that special sign] gmail [dot] com

I'll get back to you all guys, thanks!!

Do not sell yourself short, the land mass itself is pretty good. A little question, what are the white tiles ? Simple plains ?

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Do not sell yourself short, the land mass itself is pretty good. A little question, what are the white tiles ? Simple plains ?
    thanks

yeah, the white tiles are simple plains, rural areas, where mostly villagers and peasants live and farm the land.