Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: City of Shor

I hadn't seen this thread before Falconius. This map is fantastic, the layout, buildings, colours. The water ways!

It's so original. I wish I'd drawn this myself

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Hmm, looking great so far ! What a wide playground for an imaginative mind !!
    Thank you Misty A playground is definitely my main goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Weery View Post
    I hadn't seen this thread before Falconius. This map is fantastic, the layout, buildings, colours. The water ways!

It's so original. I wish I'd drawn this myself
    That's very high praise considering that Grimmsmouth was largely the inspiration , especially for the canals, thanks Weery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've got a plan of what I'm thinking here for the walkway representation. Needs a little tweaking but I think it'll work out nicely:
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shoriim8walkwaythoughts.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	111267
    Couple of things I'm wondering about are adding the minor wall details. Like those black lines outside the north gate where the road splits. Not sure if I should just leave well enough alone or try and decide where everyone built walls and fences or just keep it to the relatively important ones I've delineated so far. Or indeed, if I should remove them.

The other thing I was thinking, kind of in keeping with mapping the walkways for the upper levels, that I should also of map the basics on the upper levels of the palace and temple plateaus. Might add a bit of interest to those large blank spaces.

Hi Falconius,

That makes me so happy to think something I've worked on has helped encourage others. And you've definitely brought a unique style to your own city, too.

Thinking about the black wall lines you mentioned I think you would be right to keep it to the more important ones as you suggested. Looking at the group of walls you directed us to out the north gate, that area looks a little busy with the wall lines as they are now. If you reduce the thickness they might confuse themselves with the roads though. So maybe reduce the number to the more important walls as you said?

You can see where a single wall works perfectly just south of the most north western purple building.

I think mapping the upper levels of the large buildings would also be advisable because they are a bit too large to leave blank.

Great work

This seems to be turning into biennial updates... which is why I've held off posting my Lockdown progress worried that doing so might curse me and I'll stop working on it, but I don't think so. I'm coming pretty close to finishing, but things always seem to multiply the closer I get. After this I'll need to do the border which I'm considering doing in 3D Coat, and should go quickly I think.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Shoriim9.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	122878

Name:	Shoriim9crop.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	537.0 KB 
ID:	122879

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123