Thread: The Cave Hideout

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Map The Cave Hideout

Hello friends.

I recently dug out a pile of old notes from my long-gone Dungeons&Dragons Game Master days. I also fount a good deal of decently designed maps, which I used to stage my campaigns in.
    I thought it would be cool (and cheap, I know) to rework some and share them with the community.

This one is a very generic cave/underground hideout setting, and I thought I could (lazily) leave it blank so Game Masters out there can put their own descriptions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-cave-hideout_WEB-PRINT.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	88198

Done in Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop.

That's a beautiful map, Onez. I particularly like the fineness of the cross hatch shading representing the rock and earth in section.

It looks great in black and white, but would you ever add colour to this?

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's a beautiful map, Onez. I particularly like the fineness of the cross hatch shading representing the rock and earth in section.
    That cross-hatching was made with a specific brush in Clip Studio Paint, so I can take no credit for it

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It looks great in black and white, but would you ever add colour to this?
    I'm a pretty slow artist, so I think I will want to produce more black/white maps like this, rather than refining fewer.
    But I would love to colour it!

Its already great, but I can't help wondering what it would look like with just a couple of pale watercolour washes on it - nothing too detailed or complicated.

I shall wait quite patiently to see if it happens one day

Very very cool map ! I agree with Mouse, the fine hatching and its gradient like thickness gives real depth to the walls. The detail are great and I'm sure your laziness will be much appreciated by lazy DMs