Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sept / Oct Lite Challenge: Dracula's Castle

Guild Member

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Bogie, you might recognize a couple objects in there that I got from your resources thread so thanks for that! As per your request, here is a 70dpi version with no labels. I hope you are able to utilize it for a horror one-shot near Halloween!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DraculasCastle-NoLabels-70dpi.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	88381

Also, I hope to encourage everyone on the forum with my experience selling my artwork and would love to have a conversation about how to pursue this interest as a business. I have been pursuing a side business in roleplaying games since August. In fact, I joined the July/August Lite Challenge with the intent of creating a product to sell. Then I skipped the August/September challenge to focus on getting my map ready to sell. Now that I've created the product templates for my maps, I can quickly get a finished map into product form. Currently I have two maps for sale at DriveThruRPG.com and a third that is in product form but I'm giving away for free as a newsletter signup incentive. The first map is the Giant Hunters Hideout (from the July/August challenge) and the second is this map Dracula's Castle (which I hope I submitted in time to be included in the Horror sale!). I only have sold about 6 copies each, but I have done zero on the marketing side. So my next step is to start to develop my email newsletter marketing and eventually drive traffic to sell maps from my own website. Anyway, I am starting small but I just wanted to encourage anyone who has considered marketing their maps to give it a shot! It's not exactly "easy" but with some diligence and hard work I think it is attainable!

For those who have sold your artwork, what has your experience been? If you have wanted to but haven't yet, what's holding you back?

Thanks again for the supportive community here!

Map is looking great!

I would suggest you start a new thread, perhaps in General Discussion, if you want to discuss selling maps etc. This challenge thread will be locked and archived this weekend, and any insights people have to share will be archived with it. Additionally, not everyone checks the challenge folders. I feel you'll get better feedback in Gen Discussions.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Member

Good point, ChickPea. I'll post it over there...

Thanks 7, that is perfect.
    I did notice some of my objects, I also noticed that you modified one of my sarcophagus boxes so it looks more like a traditional coffin, nice work!

Beautiful map! I love the floors especially. The cliff face turned out good, too, I can definitely tell that it's on top a cliff, and that's tricky with a top-down perspective like this.

One thing that bothers me a little is the placement of the shadows. For example, there are really dark shadows between the lights in the arcade of traps, and those areas are darker than the Bailey (where there are no lights at all). Getting the light right would definitely elevate this map to the next level for me!

this turned out really well, 7sided! Just in time for Holloween . Nice and spooky! So I opt for my party to NOT go to the high, dark, creepy vampire castle !!!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12