Thread: WIP: Imperial Aviary

Default WIP: Imperial Aviary

Hi all,

I've been trying to improve the speed that I create maps lately, so I started this little project. The goal was to create the entire map in a single day, but my stylus battery has just died which also killed further progress for today. So.......

I'm uploading it here as a WIP. I'm looking for comments, suggestions and critiques, so if you have any thoughts, please send 'em my way. It'll be appreciated.

The map depicts the Imperial Aviary, a tourist attraction and research facility located on a large mid-river island. It houses all kinds of birds including mythical ones, such as the phoenix (kept in a separate iron enclosure to prevent fires), and garudas. It is semi-modern (maybe even futuristic), and will have large glass domes over most of the structure. My plan is to draw each area (tundra, jungle, wetlands) in a somewhat watercolour style, and then soften the vector-made lines a bit.

What do y'all think?

THW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aviary.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	88246  

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

I really like the idea, maybe the center Phoenix could be a glass enclosed cage elevated above everything else, hanging from the top of the dome.

Maybe just one dome with dividers? to simplify the sturctural components.
    Maybe the water crosses over into other habitats or the landform of one crosses into another habitat? just a thought, like the idea

look forward to seeing what you do

Hmm, thanks Snodsy. Those are some good ideas.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the right batteries for my stylus today. It's difficult finding AAAA batteries in Athens, these days...

Hopefully I'll be able to return to this soon.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Guild Expert

This looks interesting, can't wait to see where you go with it. I feel you on the batteries, I can't seem to find any AAAA batteries in my town either, and all my projects have come to a stand still. Seeing as you have the same problem, I'm thinking I'll have to order them on line.