Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantide

Definitely blue and sepia. It's lighter on the eyes. I have to say looking at it reminded me of this very famous map (I think someone used it as a model recently, here at the guild, but I can't recall who or when). Although, actually, looking at it again... it isn't a "caterpillar" map and the color scheme isn't at all similar.

Still, a quick note for thought. I think "caterpillar maps" are prior to the age of color prints.

Having said this, your green/gold version was just about right colorful and a pleasure to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    I have to say looking at it reminded me of this very famous map
    Oh my god, that map is beautiful. And so high res *drool*. I'm still a newb around here, so I don't know all the map sites yet... thanks for posting that!

PS Am I just missing something, or where is the insert located in the larger map?

I can't pick one or the other... both are very nice. I like someone else's idea of utilizing each one to show different info.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    I agree with Diamond on everything he said above (does he ever get things wrong? ).
    ...riiiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Oh wow. I think I like that more sepia/blue one even better.

My suggestion is that you put cities, citadels, other manmade stuff on the sepia map, and maybe put natural resources, trade routes, etc on the color one.
    Agreed ! Thanks for this suggestion, i'm trying to implement all this elements in the two maps.

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    This is looking great Warlin! I agree with Diamond on everything he said above (does he ever get things wrong? ). The subtle blue tones work delightfully on it, (though perhaps a tad more definitely between land and see might help. I remember seeing this map in its infancy and loving those mountains and by god all those caterpillar lines are really paying off! Nice work!
    Thanks GLS. I modify the blue tone of the coast with a darker one. I find it more efficient. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Definitely blue and sepia. It's lighter on the eyes. I have to say looking at it reminded me of this very famous map (I think someone used it as a model recently, here at the guild, but I can't recall who or when). Although, actually, looking at it again... it isn't a "caterpillar" map and the color scheme isn't at all similar.

Still, a quick note for thought. I think "caterpillar maps" are prior to the age of color prints.

Having said this, your green/gold version was just about right colorful and a pleasure to look at.
    Thanks Pixie. My inspiration comes from maps in the Rumsay's collection, here.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingbutblue View Post
    Oh my god, that map is beautiful. And so high res *drool*. I'm still a newb around here, so I don't know all the map sites yet... thanks for posting that!

PS Am I just missing something, or where is the insert located in the larger map?

I can't pick one or the other... both are very nice. I like someone else's idea of utilizing each one to show different info.
    Thanks nothingbutblue. New Atlantis is now located .

Find some spare time to continue on this and here is the new update with the major labeling.
    To be made :
    -road, railroad, steam road.
    -border of the states.
    Comments and advice welcomes !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0854.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	90104  

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Oh my god, dude. That is just blowing my mind.

Eeeeeeee!

It's all so legit and tactile feeling.. gah. Loving that non-photo blue color. <3 <3

Gorgeous work, Warlin! It's looking amazing.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I love everything about this map Warlin!

I thought I commented on this map but it seems I messed up. I really love what you did Warlin. I had a great preference for the colored version event if I'd have toned it down a bit. This last version is really great. I'd totally see this printed on high quality paper with relief. I've seen a map of the florida's keys in this simple style with embossed printing and it was wonderful. Your map deserves such a treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Oh my god, dude. That is just blowing my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingbutblue View Post
    Eeeeeeee!

It's all so legit and tactile feeling.. gah. Loving that non-photo blue color. <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Gorgeous work, Warlin! It's looking amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    I love everything about this map Warlin!
    Thanks all. Glad it please you and hopes the new additions won't hurt you .

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    I thought I commented on this map but it seems I messed up. I really love what you did Warlin. I had a great preference for the colored version event if I'd have toned it down a bit. This last version is really great. I'd totally see this printed on high quality paper with relief. I've seen a map of the florida's keys in this simple style with embossed printing and it was wonderful. Your map deserves such a treatment.
    I don't let the colored version down, Thomrey. I'll hope i can complete it next year. .

Here is the update with the states territories. I have some trouble to decide me.
    Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0856.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	90125  

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast