Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantide

Guild Expert

Looks great Warlin, you've really nailed down the style on this one.

Its very beautiful. I love the hachured mountains - rep-worthy in their own right, but then on top of that there's all the incredible detail!

I've only got just one tiny suggestion, and its not really all that important, but do you think the state names would look even better if you reduced the saturation of that red just a tiny bit?

Wow, clever choice to change the design. I miss a bit the blue of the ocean, though.
    The labeling is great and the insert with the city is just awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Looks great Warlin, you've really nailed down the style on this one.
    Thanks Kacey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Its very beautiful. I love the hachured mountains - rep-worthy in their own right, but then on top of that there's all the incredible detail!

I've only got just one tiny suggestion, and its not really all that important, but do you think the state names would look even better if you reduced the saturation of that red just a tiny bit?
    Thanks Mouse. And you're right for the state names, I try to desaturate it a bit and it's work much better .

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Wow, clever choice to change the design. I miss a bit the blue of the ocean, though.
    The labeling is great and the insert with the city is just awesome!
    The return of the blue of the ocean ! Keep trying to improve this map. Thanks for your constant remarks.

And here is the new update, really close to completion this time .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlantide-synthese_bis.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	5.05 MB 
ID:	90207  

This is looking absolutely gorgeous. I'm loving what you're doing here! I really like the parchment background.

Just a couple of small things...

The numbering on the city buildings is hard to read in some places. The numbers get lost a little against the red backgrounds of the buildings. Maybe try a stroke around the numbers or put them in a circle or something like that? Also, in the legend, I feel the labels in the Inner city section would look nicer if they were left aligned. The numbers align, but the text feels a little raggedy. Finally, No. 23 I think perhaps should be 'Steel Factory' (the metal) rather than 'Steal' in the theft sense. Although maybe this is where criminals stash their loot!

The map itself is absolutely glorious. I really liked the version you posted the other day without the country background colours, but I've come round since then. It's looking amazing!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

This keeps getting better and better !

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is looking absolutely gorgeous. I'm loving what you're doing here! I really like the parchment background.

Just a couple of small things...

The numbering on the city buildings is hard to read in some places. The numbers get lost a little against the red backgrounds of the buildings. Maybe try a stroke around the numbers or put them in a circle or something like that? Also, in the legend, I feel the labels in the Inner city section would look nicer if they were left aligned. The numbers align, but the text feels a little raggedy. Finally, No. 23 I think perhaps should be 'Steel Factory' (the metal) rather than 'Steal' in the theft sense. Although maybe this is where criminals stash their loot!

The map itself is absolutely glorious. I really liked the version you posted the other day without the country background colours, but I've come round since then. It's looking amazing!
    It's why I can work on a map without doing it on this forum as a WIP, there is always someone to keep a fresh eye on your work. Many thanks Chickpea for this small things . I try in the new update to take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    This keeps getting better and better !
    Thanks Thomrey, your support and kind words are always welcome.

OK the final update in this thread (I hope) before posting in the finished map subforum. Any comments or advice are still welcome. The flag are made by gathering icons from the internet. I try to be precise for the area and population of the states, taking an average density of 50 h/km2. For information the unit of mesure is here 1 stade = 185 m.
    Hope you enjoy it .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlantide-synthese_bis.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	5.09 MB 
ID:	90284  

Dear sir, monsieur...

I see you post from Montpellier, France. Apart your address, is there any reason why berber, portuguese or (why not) andalusian/catalonian shouldn't be the main languages in this little continent of yours?
    As a member of the race of great sailors, the portuguese, I take great and personal offense on your choice of languages for your imaginary countries.

Zat is all (read in "Allo Allo" fashion)

Hehe ! Poor Latin language. In this alternative world, the Rome domination of the European world didn't occur. Also there is no community of language, no Portuguese, no French, no Italian. Only some old language survive : Welsh, Berber, or Basque which I imagine was the main language of the Atlantide.

I think you have a few typos. In Mestore an Mnesea : democracy and theocracy.

The flags (as the whole map) looks great. I'm not sure about the damaged side of the flags, though.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast