Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantide

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

This is looking amazing. I know it's been said, but the mountains are really good. Like many others (and here I thought I was alone!) I've tried to match this style and it's really hard. You nailed it.

cheersl
    Meshon

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I think you have a few typos. In Mestore an Mnesea : democracy and theocracy.

The flags (as the whole map) looks great. I'm not sure about the damaged side of the flags, though.
    Thanks for the typos Ilanthar. For the flags, i let them with this damage side. The ones you produce for Ersia were my inspiration and i didn't want to "steal" your flag texture .

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    This is looking amazing. I know it's been said, but the mountains are really good. Like many others (and here I thought I was alone!) I've tried to match this style and it's really hard. You nailed it.

cheersl
    Meshon
    Thanks Meshon. This kind of style is really attractive, and we are not alone trying to emulate it. When i see 19 century map and all this relief, my hands suffer for the cartographer who did it.

This version of the Atlantide map is now post in the finished map section here.

By Warlin
    Thanks for the typos Ilanthar. For the flags, i let them with this damage side. The ones you produce for Ersia were my inspiration and i didn't want to "steal" your flag texture.
    It's not my flag texture. If I recall well, it's a free resource found on DA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    It's not my flag texture. If I recall well, it's a free resource found on DA.
    My mistake. I wanted to say the flag texture you use in your Ersia map .

Hello Guilders.

I've spend some time wondering if i can continue this work on Atlantide. Some new thread have convinced me that there is some interest to finally complete my third version of this map.
    Hope you find here some motivation and answers to make your own caterpillar mountains .
    Here is the new layout, with the principal map and 4 other map in a close up fashion. I aim to make a more fantasy style, in the style of the Land of the Frozen Tears. But wait and see, the road is long to finish it.
    I add the first inset drawing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Île.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	91642
    Cheers !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlantide03.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	91641  

Great news! i've been following the thread when not subscribed to the forum yet, and the aesthetic you chose for this simple outlines is rather perfect! It really reflects the style of the late 800 maps!

Cool! I'm looking forward to see your next steps on "reference set of maps" for those who love caterpillar mountains .

Thanks guys, happy to see that this style has its fans .
    Here is the new update. I wasn't really found of the new style of linedraw. I've try to modify it for a while, then go back to this one... hope it please you.
    Next step will be to add forest limitation and perhaps some terrain structure. Then coloration.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fichier 26-01-2017 10 25 16.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	91846
    Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlantide03.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	91847  

Did you say Frozen Tears ? I think I'm drooling already

This is once again beautiful, I am a big big fan of your style here. It's already really nice. Your line work with the inlay city is a nice contrast to the caterpillars. Once again great job will follow this. Already rep worthy!!!!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast