Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantide

Default Atlantide

Hi Guild fellows !
    It has been a while since i post here...
    Here is my new Wip map where i try to develop a previous map style. I start this map when boogie post his september-november lite challenge, with the idea to realize a map of the Atlantide. There is no hope i could finish it in time so i prefer to post it in this wip section of the forum.
    I really don't know where I'm going with this, so i need your help and your critics. What do you think about this map and this style ? I've spent two months struggling with this caterpillar style...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0760.JPG 
Views:	721 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	88399  

I'm not sure what else to say except that I really like what you have so far. I'm rather fond of this style of mountains, and hope to try them myself one of these days. I think your linework looks good and I'll be interested to see where you go with this.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Really great example of this mountain style, looking forward to another one of your works! I think you've nailed the style - ouch two months - pretty dedicated

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Have to really echo ChickPea and Snodsy on this one, those mountains are a real treat. I've tried my hands at the caterpillar style once or twice and it's not easy (hence why no one will ever see my attempts ).

Really looking forwards to seeing this piece move forwards, Warlin.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected zhar2's Avatar

Very very AWESOME!! That style I know is a huge pain! but the struggle is worth it.

It's great to see one new project from you Warlin!
    Great start! I think you don't have to worry about those mountains, they are splendid and will be fantastic with color/shading.
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, but your Atlantide is very close from Morocco's coast?

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I'm not sure what else to say except that I really like what you have so far. I'm rather fond of this style of mountains, and hope to try them myself one of these days. I think your linework looks good and I'll be interested to see where you go with this.
    Thanks ChickPea. With this style of mountains the final result will come very slowly
    Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Really great example of this mountain style, looking forward to another one of your works! I think you've nailed the style - ouch two months - pretty dedicated
    Thanks Snodsy, allways happy to hear your comments. I spend two month trying to finish a simple map to finaly let it down and begin a new one even more complex . Hope i have the patience to finish it now.

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Have to really echo ChickPea and Snodsy on this one, those mountains are a real treat. I've tried my hands at the caterpillar style once or twice and it's not easy (hence why no one will ever see my attempts ).

Really looking forwards to seeing this piece move forwards, Warlin.
    Quote Originally Posted by zhar2 View Post
    Very very AWESOME!! That style I know is a huge pain! but the struggle is worth it.
    Thanks GLS and Zhar2. I think one can't know the pain of this style without trying it himself. Glad to see you appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    It's great to see one new project from you Warlin!
    Great start! I think you don't have to worry about those mountains, they are splendid and will be fantastic with color/shading.
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, but your Atlantide is very close from Morocco's coast?
    Thanks Ilanthar.
    Yes this Atlantide is located next to Gibraltar, near the Morocco's coast, including the Madeira and Canaris Islands (not really original ).

Wonderful caterpillars ! You did a great job some month ago with a challenge map, I do not doubt that you'll do wonders with this map and, by the look of it, it's a pretty confident bet . I know this kind of repetitive drawing can be painful but the result seems worth the pain to me. The originality about the location is not an issue, your approach is canonic and it couldn't be better in my book !

This is looking great Warlin, especially the caterpillar mountains, as the others have said. I tried this method myself some years ago, on my map of Edaerna. It took, I think, about 4 months to complete the mountains alone, so I know something of the trouble you're getting yourself into... Good luck Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Holy crap, that is gorgeous! One of the best examples of caterpillar mountains I've seen.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast