Thread: The Capital of Barradesh

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Wip The Capital of Barradesh

Hey guys!

It has been a while, but one of my projects I was working on is about to get off the ground, so... I have to do this beside full-time work.

This project is settled in a fictional 15.-16. century india (a fantasy version) I'm currently trying to get the capital done. This RPG won't have a world map - some reasons for that are: [1] You should be able to enhance the background and it won't stifle your creativity [2] It becomes the key point everyone comes to anyway [3] A few plot reasons unimportant to the actual map [4] etc. The fact that there will be only this city map, I need to get this exactly right.

What I need is this: I planned fields, ports, where the districts will be, ... but I need you for any further Ideas. I am really unsure about roads and since I usually do anything else before getting buildings in (just because cities follow natural shapes) and what features I can give this city. What I have so far is this:
    - City on the ground, richer districts, slum, workers, a sacred island which only priests can enter with temples and libraries, etc.
    - The high courts: Floating rock-stuff with a lot of politicians, courtiers, etc. you can reach via bridges
    - I planned to have some details on the left side, not sure what this will be ;)
    - A ton of fields in the north-east

I hope you have any suggestions. Feel free to download the image and just draw in, I'd love to see ideas and I'd be very glad if some did help with this. If you need any further information, feel free to ask. The game itself is in English, this is planned for the English market later. =)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web_2xLetter_TheWorld.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	88813

By the way: I was at SPIEL in Essen with our company (Germany; the largest gaming convention in the world) last weekend and actually met a cartographer who knew my name who came all the way from Croatia. It blew my mind! You guys are actually real... ;) Man, I love how connected this community can be!

Best wishes,
    Steffen
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 10-23-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.