Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ersïa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks a lot for your views!

I thought about it, and since the alphabet/conlang is dominant but not the only one... I'll probably keep it in English. After all, I suppose that the meaning is more useful than the "style". I'll still let specific terms like specific forms of governments like "Trarat".

I changed the font for a good old IM Fell DW Pica.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ersïa.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	89164

@Daelin : I'm confident you're gonna do wonderful maps with those shaded reliefs .

A bit more done. Still testing though. I've added the continent names.
    I probably won't put much more labels, except perhaps the name of the capitals.

Views:	50 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	89197

This looks gorgeous, like a new Earth, have i rep you yet? Get some

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

This is gorgeous. Are you planning on adding a border and some explanatory stuff, since you're world-building here?

I like what you've done with the sea. The coloring is unobtrusive.

How did you paste the relief in? Did you just cut out the parts you liked from the other maps and use a masking layer?

This is gorgeous! I agree with the others that Latin letters probably make more sense. I do love the font you've made though, and I hope you can use it in another map (or another part of this map). My only (very minor) critique of the lettering is that the continent names are rather hard to read when against tan-colored terrain. This is mostly fixed when you color the continents of course, but the name of Lond is still a little bit difficult to read. Perhaps you could darken the lettering slightly, or move it northwards to the forested(?) area.

Just out of curiosity, is there a story behind the large crater-looking structure in the middle of Djibran?

By Voolf
    This looks gorgeous, like a new Earth
    Thanks Voolf, I appreciate the compliment !

By Llannagh
    This is gorgeous. Are you planning on adding a border and some explanatory stuff, since you're world-building here?
    I like what you've done with the sea. The coloring is unobtrusive.
    How did you paste the relief in? Did you just cut out the parts you liked from the other maps and use a masking layer?
    Thanks Llannagh ! A minima, under the map, I intend to put the flags and a view of the globe to show the planet inclination. Maybe more stuff...
    I wasn't sure about the sea, so, that's reassuring. About the relief, it's more complicated than that. I don't use masks, it's mainly a very mingled "painting".

By Tiluchi
    This is gorgeous! I agree with the others that Latin letters probably make more sense. I do love the font you've made though, and I hope you can use it in another map (or another part of this map). My only (very minor) critique of the lettering is that the continent names are rather hard to read when against tan-colored terrain. This is mostly fixed when you color the continents of course, but the name of Lond is still a little bit difficult to read. Perhaps you could darken the lettering slightly, or move it northwards to the forested(?) area.
    Just out of curiosity, is there a story behind the large crater-looking structure in the middle of Djibran?
    Thanks Tiluchi . I agree with you about the continent names. I tried something to make them more visible. I didn't create the font, I just used an existing one with my own interpretation for the needs of my conlang.
    About Djibran, yes, there is a story... and a country in the crater. I may talk about it later .

And a bit more. Hope that everything is legible (unsure about this). The colors of Sian were harder to do than I thought...

Views:	72 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	89216

I quite like the look of this Ilanthar
    There are some labels that are harder to read.

Wow, this looks amazing! Sometimes I can't believe the talent that we have on this site!

I love the colors and style of this map, everything looks incredible to me. Have some rep!

This looks really nice. Lovely soft coloring.
    I like all the interesting labels you put in... makes me want to learn more about the places and peoples and read stories and such. Do you write stories [short or longer] within the worlds you build?

Wow, thanks again for the support everyone !

By J.Edward
    There are some labels that are harder to read.
    Hmm, let me guess : Matriarchy of the Moon's Daughters, Tchaugnar-Ourag League, Runasdattir Kingdom and Matriarchy of the Sirens? Why did I chose long names for small countries... I suppose I should move some of them and do reference numbers for the others.

By Domino44
    Wow, this looks amazing! Sometimes I can't believe the talent that we have on this site!
    Me too . Thanks a lot Domino .

By Chashio
    I like all the interesting labels you put in... makes me want to learn more about the places and peoples and read stories and such. Do you write stories [short or longer] within the worlds you build?
    Thanks! That's the main reason I finally decided to not put the labels in my conlang. I'm more writing rpg background than stories. So more like an encylopedic compendium (but without the extreme precision and details of some other's work).

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast